Universal Void Tyrant (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Mmm. It's 99¢, and only lets you skip the first tier of worlds giving you the warp key you would have gotten if you played through them. Since the 2nd tier of planets is harder than the first, that's not a huge advantage when you're starting out with the game. You also miss out on any gold you would earn from the first set of planets.

It seems to me like the warp is handy after you've played for awhile and don't really need money anymore so you can skip the easiest fights.

A bit greedy – IMO – would be having you pay and then still show you ads. I've run into that in some other f2p games with "premium" unlocks. This feels fine to me.

If you would really like to save yourself that dollar, as Lull4by said you can always save up 10,000 gold and get it that way.

L.Lawliet and raravan like this.
  2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    #42 Jazzpha, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    So I've beaten the Pyramid twice, and I thought I'd share a few things I've learned so far.

In terms of power-up cards, the Energy Sword (EDIT: I mean Power Surge, I goofed) is one of the strongest effects in the game that I've seen, especially when you get to higher energy levels as you level up. With the way the game calculates energy gains after an attack round, Energy Sword lets you spend all your remaining energy to convert it into an obscenely high number of attacks (I think my personal best is 14-15 hits in one round), and then after all that damage is calculated you get energy back based upon your damage dealt. So you deal a truckload of damage and get a free refill out of it. If you can upgrade the card once or twice, it's an awesome ace to have up your sleeve against bosses.

In terms of tactics, don't be afraid to defend against a two-hit (or so) boss victory rather than risking an overcharge and getting walloped because you tried to hit an 11 or 12 to beat them and busted. Most enemies don't hit that hard unless they've dropped a lot of synergizing debuffs on you, bosses excluded of course. So defending is sometimes the best play, even if it means the round takes a little longer.

Also, try to establish a powerful hand of effect cards to combine against bosses. Being greedy against the weaker monsters and not using effects on them is a safe bet most of the time, if it means you can start off a boss fight with a really good combo (like equipping a shield into shield bash with the clone prism stacked to get two bashes for the price of one, as an example). Just be sure that the boss doesn't have a hand card up their sleeve that can wreck your combo by messing with your attack gauge. If they do, bait out that effect first and wait until it's on cooldown to spring your trap, or wait until they've decided to stand (which means they can't play any cards from their off-hand) and then punish them hard for it.

Finally, don't be afraid to discard cards from your hand with extreme prejudice. If you're sitting on a 20-cost card like Shove Back that's super situational, dump it. You won't have many chances to use it where it'll matter, and the chances are that you'll draw a more useful card in its place. Same thing goes for deck-stuffing debuffs like Potatoes and Onions and Splinters and Vines. Discard them, don't play them. I got suckered into thinking any heal was good to have early on, before I realized how imbalanced the energy-cost to heal ratio was.

I hope that helps some of you who're getting stuck on earlier planets. And if there're any questions you might have that I didn't cover here, let me know and I'll see if I can answer them.

Have a good one!

p.s. -- Another nasty move that acts as a hard counter to one of the more annoying abilities (Target) is to use the Kick card (the one that does damage and gives the Unbalanced debuff). Since Target gives the enemy two 5's in a row guaranteed, the second five will always Overcharge since it doubles to 10.

houseofg, GiHubb, tops2 and 5 others like this.
  3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I don’t know about the feeling that the game is “fixed”. Admittedly I’ve only gotten past the first two bosses in my runs so far. But I’ve had several times where the boss busted over the 12 limit and, honesty, have only seen the magic 12 from them sporadically.

Maybe people have just had some bad luck but so far it feels pretty randomized to me.

4. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Is there a way to see your attack and armor/defense values during a run? The enemies values are at the top but I can't find mine anywhere, not even in menus.

5. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Pretty much exhausted Pirate Outlaws and Night of the Full Moon, should I try this?

6. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I'm enjoying this more than any of those other games.
    Totally worth $5 but even the free version is still the full version, it just requires more grinding.

After 2 free runs I decided it was worth the $5 to get rid of ads.

7. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Yeaaaahhhh im gonna have to swoop up this $5.00 iap..... Too good not to support the devs.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I just beat the game last night and wow the last boss is so hard! But it was a cool fight. There is a way to cheese the game to make things easier however.

After you beat the game, you are allowed to fight endless enemies to get a high score or just restart the game.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Use the menu button in the top right corner of the screen and it will give you options to show your stats, deck, perks, etc.

10. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO

Do you have a tip for how to deal with blindness?

11. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Not my point.

Don’t call something a full unlock if it’s not a full unlock.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #52 metalcasket, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Well, it's not called a full unlock in the app description or even in the game. You called it a full unlock. :p It's referred to (again, both in-game and in the description) as "premium" and they're very, very clear in that it's function is to disable ads (as well as the whole Spirit thing or whatever).

Here's my question: Is that Warp Rift IAP a consumable IAP? I don't think it's a one-time unlock. Presumably you spend a buck or 10000 coins every time you want to skip the first world. Again, this is only a presumption.

EDIT: Wait. I mean, sure, a buck is a buck, but IIRC how the in-game currency works (I've deleted the game since I suck at it [prior post in this thread], but have sort of been itching to download it again), 10000 coins is a pretty INSANE amount for a "consumable". It has to be a premium IAP too, right? *scratches beard*

Collin likes this.
  13. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Well I have not purchased it yet, but I am pretty sure it is a 1 time iap/coin purchase, since it is belong to town upgrades.

14. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    It is just an option for someone who want to both save time and support the developer, if you don't want to do, just spend time.

15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    The Warp Rift is 100% unneeded. It’s basically a cheat. So I wouldn’t consider it at all something that makes this less of a premium game without it. Ignore it exists and you still have a premium game IMO.

16. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i wish we had an option to auto answer "yes" in all spirit (premium) choices.

Collin likes this.
  17. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, especially for coins. Who would say no?

Collin likes this.
  18. dlt0rre

dlt0rre Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Hi!
    In the AppStore description the game is listed as multi language, but I am not able to find the language selector.
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the default language?
    Thank you

TheRealist82 likes this.
  19. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #59 gmattergames, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Played a few hours, beat end boss(s) several times. Finding that once you aquire a powerful weapon and able to pass cards to the next recruit with the sarcophagus, it almost becomes too easy. Disappointed that enemy difficulty doesn’t seem to scale if you choose to keep playing after beating end boss, but is a great way to grind massive coin. Seems like there should be a few more stages to get to the end game. Annoyed by the onion/potato mobs and the fact that the cards they pollute your deck with are persistent. Also seems like after numerous victories the quest to unlock other classes would become available. Regarding deck building strats, I’m finding modifier cards are essential and if you get the opportunity, acquire the clairvoyant follower.

20. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    I think it seems recognized which system language you use to select the same language, you could also try setting the preferred language in the setting.

dlt0rre likes this.