VOID - Space Action RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Squeegy, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    any more reviews?

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I would suggest it, I've only made it a fraction of the way into the game, and it's a lot of fun. The controls work nice, the graphics are solid, and there are a bunch if unlicksbles, plus it appears to offer many hours of gameplay. If it looks like this kind of game appeals to you, at $2.99 (weekend sale), I don't think you can go wrong.

3. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I like the controls a lot -- a lot of people complained about buttons, but I say what's wrong with them, if they're appropriate for the game.

That said, I don't feel great about having spent $5 on the game (it sounded like someone said it's on sale now). There isn't that much depth; you play through a lot of levels, but they're all fairly similar. The one change is that the enemies get a lot harder, a bit too hard for my taste given how long it takes to accumulate money to buy a new ship. I would love to see a game with controls like that but with the depth of Escape Velocity, this great shareware space series where, in addition to destroying ships, you complete missions, trade resources, etc.

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Just got the game updated. :) It's quite addictive -- space looting. :D I like the music in the background.

Squeegy:

One thing bothers me after the update: the game tries to connect up to Feint to submit highscores after I clear a map everytime. It's a matter of pressing the "cancel" button but it's still an unnecessary distruption as I'm usually not connected to the web. Can we have an option to tell the game not to try to connect online at all?

And, is there anyway to access main menu during a game other than to exit it entirely and restart the game app?

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Nice, I didn't realize there was an update coming :) you can exit a level by hitting pause and then "abandon ship"

6. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I know how to exit a level. :) But how do you get to the main menu where all the "settings" and "start new game" are? I sometimes just want to get back to it, so I can access the settings to try a different sensitivity setting.