iPad Virtual Villagers LOST?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AppAttack, Dec 14, 2008.

1. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

#1 AppAttack, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
    Hey guys! I was rummaging through my apps this afternoon and I decided to put some old ones back on my Touch for old times sake. I realized that Virtual Villagers has been taken out of the app store here in the US. Does anyone know what happened?! :confused: It's a fairly enjoyable game and it was pretty well made...I wonder why it's gone? Are there any other apps that have just disappeared on us?!

2. Already been discussed here pal ;)

3. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I noticed it gone as well, and I wanted to buy it! :O

I noticed that Reign of Swords Lite was taken away and replaced with the Free version (Two less kingdoms) but I still have lite on my iPod

4. Gotty

Gotty Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    UK
    Is a great game, lets hope they do more updates, with more versions!

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Huh. I was going to buy this after xmas, but its missing. Ohh well, Vivendi, you aren't getting my money.

6. i'm tired of the game

i wish i could transfer it to you

7. brewstermax

Please do. If you can, just email a copy to me. I won't be able to update it, but its not on the app store so that doesn't matter.

8. alright im going to have to figure out how to fix itunes

it doesn't sync with my apps anymore... only music -_-"

i've tried so many things (reinstalling, etc) to try to fix it

i've just been downloading apps via my house's wifi for the last month

*sigh*

9. I'm sure your iTunes needs to be authorized with his account, just like DRM'd music.

10. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    The problem is Vivendi was not getting anybody's money. The mobile gaming division was sold to Activision Blizzard who closed down its operations. Not only will you not be able to buy the game, but there will be no updates, no sequels, nothing. If you don't already have the game, you won't be getting it. Unless, of course, someone buys the titles, which seems in this economy, a rather remote possibility. Fun game though, it's too bad that they went out of business.

http://blog.mobilegamesblog.com/2008/11/and-so-ends-vivendi-games-mobile.html

11. brewstermax

Then why is Crash Kart still on there? And does Vivendi own the Crash Bandicoot trademark, because if so they need to sell it soon to someone who can do something with it, like Nintendo.

12. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    I'm guessing that the Crash license was a lot more valuable then the Virtual Villagers license and was sold. Otherwise, it will just be a matter of time before that title disappears as well. But, I'd be willing to bet that Crash has already been sold to a new licensee.

13. brewstermax

Ohh yes. I'd say Nintendo has looked into it anyway. It was one of my favorite console games. I never knew who made it, but I would have to guess that it has several times the value of Virtual Villagers.