iPad Virtual Villagers is now 2$

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by FallenAngel, Feb 4, 2009.

1. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    So this game is on sale. IS it worth it now?
    What kind of game is it? Is it just some kind of Harvest Moon or more like something else?

2. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    definitely worth it

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    pony up $3 more and get Westward instead. I dont link the cartoony feel of VV

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    It's awesome while it lasts

5. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Yeah is a good game. Worth the £1.19 :)

6. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Haha I would (and did) buy both, they are both amazing, especially Westward!

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    So I bought VV and I'm happy with it. It's cute and funny. That's why I won't buy Westward. It just hasn't got these nice little creatures^^.

8. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    A lot of reviews on the app store say that it is really short...does it have much replay value after beating the game the first time?

9. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    VV should give you many hours of fun. At $2 it's a steal and more than worth it. I purchased the game when it first came out at the original price (I think the price was AUD$9.99 or US$7.99 - but I'm not sure and would have to check) and it was worth it to me. That being said I have not played it since I beat it the first time around. Gameplay is very linear. I didn't see much point in playing it again.

10. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Ok, I'm probably gonna end up buyin it, anyone know if it's a one day sale? Or will I have time to consider

11. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm also wondering if it's a one day sale or not. I think I may pick this up before another car trip

12. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I hope so. I enjoyed playing. I think this is based on Virtual Villagers 1. So hopefully we will soon see 2 & 3.

13. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    This one was well worth it even before the sale.

I played through the entire game and didn't figure out what the parenting skill did though..

Do the parents with high parenting skill pass some beginning skill(s) off to their kids or something?

It can't be for when the mother has to hold the kid for 20 minutes.. cause then why would males have the skill? :p

14. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    As far as I know, a higher parenting skill makes the villager more attractive, and much more likely to mate on his/her own. So a male with no hearts would have a much lower success rate with parenting, while one with three hearts would constantly be abandoning work to get it on with the tribe.

It may do something else, but that's the only use for it I know for sure. Passing abilities to children through parents is useless once you have a school; you can easily get the three skills up to their first level before the kid matures.

15. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Hmm, that would explain it. I'd have to agree it affects if two villagers would be interested in each other when one is thrown on top of the other, as long as the one on the bottom isn't sick. :p

And yea, the "passing skills onto the kids" was a stretch on my part while trying to figure out what parenting could possibly do. I don't think that happens, the skills were solely from the school. ^ ^

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :D

16. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    This game is so worth the $2 bucks i bought it last night and i'm loving it
    This game has a lot of features:
    The objective of the game is to clear all the misteries of the island you just moved in but it's not as simple as that. You must always be careful of keep on reproducing so that the specie is not lost. You also must keep collecting food so they don't die of hunger.
    For the main object of the game you should always have one villager researching in the lab and when you discover something new you must put another villager to build it like a little house for those villagers who need a little privacy (sometimes enter 2 and go out 3, literally)
    Another mistery is the story of tito that are bottles with a message you find on the beach.
    The amazing feature of this game is that it keeps running while you're not playing but there is also a pause feature for those who are staying out of it for a while
    So whoever is thinking of buying it do it it would worth the 8 and the 5 bucks but at 2 it's a steal

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I bought it for $1.99 and am enjoying it so far. Definitely a high quality game. It's a lot of fun, and this is the perfect platform for this type of real-time game. It's fun to check on the villagers when I have a spare moment (or more.)