iPad virtual pool vs. killer pool

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crzyboarder1197, Dec 13, 2008.

1. crzyboarder1197

Dec 7, 2008
    Which one do you think is better.
    right now I'm leaning towards virtual pool
    :confused:

2. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    then you are leaning to the right side^^

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Kumulus ain't just full of shit, virtual pool is still one of the most polished games on the appstore.

4. See here on Killer and here for WC Pool. General consensus is VP No.1, followed by WCP and then Killer.

5. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Agreed on all counts. WCP 09 is the only real contender to VP right now. For the price, gameplay, shooting mechanics, ball physics, opponent AI, graphics, and developer dedication to updates - VP is the clear winner.

6. PM me and let me know what your endorsement total is for the month and we will get a check out to you straight away. ;)

7. I have been discussing VP with the developer. Of course details can't be discussed here, certainly not by me. Suffice to say, VP is the best already, and future updates will completely blow the rest out of the water (or should I say 'pool' hehe).
    Stick with VP ;)

8. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    Hi VP,

How's the progress going on the next update?

9. jwbrent

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    WPC is a serious threat to VP if they get rid of the Championship bug and add some more depth. Killer doesn't play nearly as well as VP or WPC imho.

10. Going good.. I will be requesting beta testers for the online version within the next day or two. The goal is to get a 1000 or more people playing so that we can evaluate the server load. Since the adhoc distribution for the iPhone is limited, the only way we can do this is with a PC version. Thus you will need a Windows PC to test. I'll post more details in the forum when we are ready.

11. nickels

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    I paid full price for it too! Send the check to Nickels "the shill" at P.O. Box...

Don't take WCP 09 lightly, if they remove the aim lines and fix the ladder bug they will be a serious contender.

12. jwbrent

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    I agree wholeheartedly. They haven't replied to my email requests which sometimes doesn't bode well for the future.

RANT: Developers, please don't include support links or email info if you can't reply within 48 hours. All it does is create an expectation which, when not met, fosters a negative feeling about your product. I understand that some of you may get hundreds if not thousands of emails, so if this is the case, just provide update info on Twitter or something like it, real quick and simple.

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I prefer WCP.

14. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Anyone prefer Midnight Pool here? I've actually starting to like it after I'm familiar with its camera control. The aim shot line really do help.

15. menom

menom Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    photography
    London, UK.
    VP = fun : Killer = realism

VP is probably more relaxing to play as it is more arcade like - you can miss the pocket by quite a lot and still get the pot - and so can the AI oponents

This can be frustrating against the better oponents where they will pretty much pot anything which has a clear line to a pocket.

Killed Pool has a lot more realism but is less 'fluid' to play as a note of next player up has to be tapped for every change of player

The pockets in Killer are a lot less forgiving so making a break is a lot tougher - but all the more satisfying when you do.

Overall I reckon VP is most players' fave as it's snappier and looks a lot nicer + the career mode is more engrossing

Killer's main plus is more realistic physics (and zooming in and out with pinch is nicer too)

16. floob

floob Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    For those of you who are still deciding whether to get virtual pool or not, I would say GET VIRTUAL POOL! I've heard from a very reliable source that online play is currently in beta testing. Get it while its still cheap!

17. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    But the graphic for virtual pool is just too, dull?

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Well, I kinda do. As with all Gameloft games, it's really highly polished. And, tbqh, I wouldn't have taken a look at it if not for the fact that it's Gameloft and, aside from my anger at the Asphalt update that completely screwed the controls and made it nigh unplayable, most of their games have not only been worthy of playing but worthy of buying day one. Hopefully I'm not the only one that keeps in mind the quality of the developer as well.

19. nickels

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Killer Pool has been updated, so any comments on this game now? I recently deleted it so I haven't checked out the update.

I found this tidbit about Virtual Pool upcoming multiplayer mode on another forum:

WCP 09 is still in desperate need of an update as well, but no details are available so don't hold your breath.

20. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    The Killer Pool updates were good. Admittedly, I'm still more of a fan of Virtual Pool as it seems to the play the best game out there, but I still think Killer has a lot going for it.

So the update fixed that irritating "player is at the table" thing showing up all the time, it remembers your name too, it also gives you the option of removing the logo from the table. There's another option which changes the look of the balls to match more the darker "realistic" balls of Virtual Pool, and they added an overhead view.

It'd probably be worth your while checking the game out again. The developer seemed to respond pretty well to complaints in reviews, so it probably has the potential to be improved further.