iPad vipValet 1.2 Approved, vipValet Lite in Queue

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dangerz, May 31, 2009.

1. dangerz

dangerz Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    #1 dangerz, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
    Just letting you know that vipValet 1.2 was just approved by Apple. Here is the official changelog:

- Global Leaderboard courtesy of Pwned.com
    - The map has been reversed so your hand doesn't get in the way of a car highlight when you touch a customer.
    - Cones when you get into an accident.
    - Warning when the rage meter gets close to red.
    - Added a new truck.
    - When an accident occurs, the screen shakes :)
    - Audio shouldn't lag the game anymore when it switches tracks.
    - When you are creating a trail for a vehicle and your finger goes over a car, a transparent copy of it will be shown to the left of your finger. This way you'll know what's underneath your finger.

With the introduction of 1.2, I've also added a vipValet Lite. It will let you get a feel for vipValet without committing for a purchase (although that would be nice :)). It does not include any online functionality, will not save your local high score, will not let you save/resume your game and it will not really get difficult. It also doesn't have some other gameplay helpers that the full version does. It will let you get a feel for the game though and let you decide if you like the gameplay before purchasing.

Also, if you post an online score, let me know your names so I know who the best is. I'm thinking of doing some contests in coordination with Pwned.com and I think the online leaderboard will definitely help us in coordinating that. Scores can also be linked to Pwned.com accounts so if you have one of those post that up as well!

As always, please please let me know what you think of this update and how I can better the game.

Thanks,
    Roy

2. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    vipValet Lite has been approved and is in the app store. It's free, so please try it and let me know what you think.

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    The new update for vipValet is awesome! :D

It's so much easier with the screen flipped although I'd like it if there was an option to turn off the transparent copy of the cars.

I seriously recommend this game. It's a perfect mixture of Flight Control and a time management game.

4. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    I've been curious about this one. Downloading the 'Lite' now.

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Yay! I knew that flipping the screen would help the game a bit. I'm now playing MUCH faster than I was!
    :D

6. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Great update! I'm guessing the achievements and alternate lots will be in the next one?
    I got 3rd spot on the global leaderboards last night, I wonder if it's still held?

7. AClockworkSausage

AClockworkSausage Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    Hmm, no longer available in the UK store.

8. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    Haha yup, it's still there.

You are correct in that the achievements will be in the next update. Same goes for additional sounds.

I'm not sure why the game's not on the UK app store.. i didn't change anything there. Maybe it's just because they're updating things?

Is it the Lite one that isn't or both?

For those that are downloading, please make sure to leave some feedback on the app store for me!

Roy

9. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    BOTH versions show up for me on the UK store...

10. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    Cool, thanks for checking that out. I didn't think I changed anything so it didn't make sense as to why it wouldn't be there.

Roy

11. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    Is 'robdawg' anyone here? He beat me and is now #1 and #2. Time to start playing serious >:[