Violence and killing in games: What is too much? Please share

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by robotsvswizards.com, Nov 19, 2010.

?

Xmas and violence: What is too much?

Poll closed Dec 1, 2010.
  1. I dont like any violence in any game!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Violence is fine but not involving christmas.

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Some blood on xmas is fine as long as it's not too realistic.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fine for santa as long as you leave Jesus out (xmas not Christmas)

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Makes no diff! A game is a game with or without santa!

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  1. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Why are you talking about atheists attacking religion?
    And you say killing a real life person such as George Bush would be fine, yet killing a make-believe religious figure isn't. Well I'm an Athiest and a human being and as much as I hate George bush, I'd find it more offensive for a real life peron to be killed than one that I consider to be fictional.

2. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Hate to break it to you but whether or not you believe what he did, Jesus was a real person. I could care less if you don't believe what christians believe but disrespecting any religion is wrong be it Islam, Judaism, Hindu, etc. You are attacking others' beliefs which they may feel strongly about and get very emotional about.

I really hope that the dev doesn't get the impression that it is ok to depict any religion in this manner because it is a very touchy subject that should not be made into a joke.

3. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    #23 robotsvswizards.com, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    First, for anyone who skips through threads like i do, no one is killing Jesus and Jesus is not in the game. It is not religious.
    It has santa. He is good and kills bad guys.
    We are talking about the fat guy that wears red and has magical flying reindeer that was invented by coca cola in the 1920s.

Everything has some history but I think relating Santa to Jesus is a stretch.
    On the contrary there is quite a great Christian opposition to Santa because of the Greek mythology and basis.
    If that's the case Santa being used to sell everything under the sun should be very offensive.

4. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    That's silly, you can't kill Jesus. He already died once.

5. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

Yeah Go Jesus!!!!!