Universal Viking's Journey: The Road to Valhalla (by creators of Dungelot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixeye, Nov 1, 2014.

1. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    The first one regarding increased coins seems worth it... 25% more coins for only a 15% rise in chest requirements is great. I use this pretty much all the time lately.

Also at least another monster to deal with would be nice in the second level (and then maybe the 3rd)... Something to make it feel different from the first level (besides the background GFX).

I like the -little- things about this game... Like having a shield ready down below to protect yourself when the screen eventually overflows... and then using at JUST the right time. Too late is a fail but a little too early is also no good as
    when a monster gets a hit on you it wastes your shield.

Also making sure you always have a powered up shield rune for when the ram eventually shows up... keeping the board clean, etc... a lot of little things like this keep it enjoyable for me.

I also like the extra work you did on the final death screen... Looks more detailed in the background as the stone walls close.

Good job.

2. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Today I'll send new update.

- New monster ( Gunner ), he is weaker in HP, but has stronger attack. Also he use special ability that "freeze" runes on board. Frozen rune can't be moved or matched. Rune can be unfrozen by tapping on it, this action will take away 1 action point.

- One of potions in alchemy will be changed on potion that give chance to get back unused runes. Many people know situation when you need to collect for example 12 keys, but you have rune with value of 20 keys.

- Game center support

- Bug fixes ( including bug with not allowing to move between completed levels )

[​IMG]

3. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    great to hear that a new update is going to be released soon - finally did manage to get to valhalla on the weekend :)

will there be new upgrades also? i already maxed everything ;)

one thing: there seems to be a sort of 'elite' enemy that has way more health and deals tons of damage compared to the rest of the enemies. would be nice if they could look a little bit different than the others.

4. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Looking forward to the next update... Seems to have everything I wanted. #

I think even in its current state it's a -classic- like Dungelot 1 and 2.

5. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    I was afraid of that :)
    Currently there are no ideas about something new to add. Maybe more monsters, boss, goals.. and if game be successful.

6. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    As I don't need promos till next update here are 10 codes for fast users : )

Y9NTYREY33EJ
    47EW6K6K3E7X
    LJ9EXJJAYLPT
    KN3L666TWRHK
    FTNFF73HEKFY
    67ATHX3FYH3N
    97LKREYTF6H7
    NET3JA644ANF
    WN9XMEWET974
    RWNKPPW6J3PE

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    WN9XMEWET974 used. Thanks.

8. truthiness

truthiness Member

Nov 3, 2014
    RWNKPPW6J3PE used. Thank you very much!

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Dungelot 2 "In Development" dungeons ever going to be released?

10. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Right now there are no plans on supporting D2.

11. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Redeemed 47EW6K6K3E7X. Thanks!

12. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Redeemed KN3L666TWRHK, thank you

13. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Please please reconsider.

14. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    D2 is a big pain for me. Even if I reconsider there are tons of things that I may rebuild there and again tons of people will be quite unhappy

15. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I played from release day through all the changes you made, and let me assure you that now you don't need to rebuild anything at all! I think the only issue is that once you level up your characters and get all the haul and beat all the bosses, you run out of motivation to play except for how deep you can run. Other than that, you fixed everything.
    All you would need is a new dungeon or two to make it feel complete (so it doesn't say "in development" like a tease:) and then maybe I would keep bosses in there every so often for the challenge. Possibly a few new monster varieties just for the heck of it and you have yourself a perfect game.
    It's my all time favorite, seriously. I hope you go back to it.

16. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    You speak as a player that liked the game but majority don't. Just imagine that FREE D2 game was downloaded less than PAID D1. Issues remained.

17. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I am confident that if a "new" player were to download it now unaware of any bugs you had previously, he or she would love it. People may have been dramatic and frustrated about the issues the game had but like I said, that's all over and now the game is worth keeping alive.
    There are millions of one-tap games out there, but none like yours. After all that work you did to fix it, why give up on it now that it's where it should be?
    Plus, the game got really good reviews for the newest updated versions as far as I could tell and, like some political scandal, people will forget about it and enjoy it for what it is.
    I wish I could rally enough supporters to convince you that a new update would bring much needed attention back to this game. It surpasses the first one in every way.

All I hope for is one last update at least to "finish" this game before you tackle your next project.

Any TA'ers reading this, please let me know if you agree!

18. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I agree. Dungelot 2 in its current form is very enjoyable.

19. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    listen to this man :) he's damn right!

20. redicius

redicius Active Member

May 8, 2014
    Oh man, I play the vikings journey like two-three hours every day. Really addicted. Hate the slow upgrade, but not complaining ;) I like the concept and core gameplay.