Universal Viking's Journey: The Road to Valhalla (by creators of Dungelot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixeye, Nov 1, 2014.

1. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    great to hear :)

i hope you also made the intro skipable - not a big deal, but it gets a bit annoying over time

thanks for another great game!

2. Benholio

Benholio Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Sounds like a solid update. Looking forward to it.

3. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    tnx! Nope, intro not skipable yet, but I'll make it so in next update. ( Plan to add new monsters with different mechanics that will affect on gameplay )

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    so if we have the Lost Viking, we will see an update for it that will also change its name? or do we need to download the new app?

5. Codman7

Codman7 Member

Feb 14, 2014
    The app will be updated automatically, you don't have to do anything.

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game got a not-so-positive review over at 148apps:

http://www.148apps.com/reviews/lost-viking-review/

While they state that the game's premise is "pretty fantastic", they also say Lost Viking is "woefully unbalanced to the point of being frustrating". I am encouraged in that the developer is suggesting balance issues are being addressed.

8. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Bad review is review too : ) Tnx for sharing.

News about progression. I've checked on my ipad2 and iphone5 how new version overwrite old version and my game progression with coins and upgrades remained. I believe people won't lose their saves

9. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks!

The only things i found a little frustrating was:

- the ram can end a run pretty quickly and the number of shields you need get very high quickly

- example: i get a ram where i need 26 shields (can't remember the exact number). i only manage to get 23, so the 23 get destroyed and i get some stone blocks. right after that another ram appears that also needs 26 shields. run is basically over. it's the same with keys (but not so frustrating because they don't have the harshly negative effect of the stone blocks) - it's annoying losing 23 keys where i needed 26 and the next 'turn' another chest appears that also needs so many keys.

- i'd love to check my missions during a run. i.e. i cleared a mission the previous run, but i don't get to know my new mission until i die once.

- maybe a way to destroy an item (i.e. i want to get rid of the bomb, but i also don't want to destroy some blocks)

- if my item slots are full and i open a chest or destroy an enemy, would be cool to chose to swap an item with the new one

can't think of more suggestions right now - as i stated multiple times: great game :)

10. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah it would be nice if we don't lose our progress... I'm sure you'll hear a lot of yelling if that happens #

I'm looking forward to the update either way. Great news - glad you are working full speed on this.

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    The game no longer saves my mid-game progression.
    If I turn my iPad (iPad 2 iOS 7.xx) off mid game, and then open the game back up it gives me the falling down the pit death screen and I don't get my coins (which was over 2,000 that one run, and iver 1,000 two others).

This is just frustrating enough to make me quit playing.

12. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    New version has been submitted! From now on the game is called Viking's Journey : The Road To Valhalla.

Here are five promos for you : )

AJLHXFPKTXTH
    JNTP4MEWETNR
    JN4LFNYPHXMK
    4XXMEFPJLK7K
    9XXKTL6R43TL

13. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Thank you, took 4XXMEFPJLK7K :)

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Redeemed JN4LFNYPHXMK, thank you.

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    All gone :-(

16. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Maxed out my digger stats and now it super easy to just spam random moves in a circular pattern until I die. This usually nets somewhere around 4-5k coins per run.

17. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Accidentally after last update problems with saving occurred. I've sent hot fix to store.

Also fixed few more bugs and made digger upgrade slightly less powerful.

18. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Lost a ton of progress because saves seem to be messed up after latest update. I really like the game but I'm frustrated. Think I'll move on.

19. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #99 Lazer Kat, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    My save problem occurred before the update. I smashed the update button hoping it would be fixed, but just introduced more problems that make it worse.

FTR, I say this in a way that is meant to be productive and polite:

You guys do know there are lots of eager beta testers who take their work seriously here on this very forum, and they're willing to solve these problems for you pre-release for free, right? It's just I've noticed an alarming trend with your studio, that's all.

20. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Oops, lost some progress yesterday too. Hope update is on soon (can't stop playing) :)

Alchemy is a nice addition to the game i think