Universal Viking's Journey: The Road to Valhalla (by creators of Dungelot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixeye, Nov 1, 2014.

1. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    i also have to say, i'm enjoying the game quite a bit :)

don't let any of the criticism hurt you personally - as with dungelot 2 you have a gem here and with an update or two it will be even more awesome :D

would be cool if you could chose from which level you want to start (don't know if this feature is here already as i'm still in the first one)

anyway, have to play some more, there are some upgrades waiting for me ;)

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Great post !

Big shame on me for not realizing (until this morning) that i grabbed a code a few days ago, apparently i had a drink too much back then. I did not download it to my iphone, no, to my (still) ipad mini, which is 99% at a friend of mine.

Officialy said: Thank you very much for the code !

Definitely needs some tweaks, for sure, but the brilliant music alone keeps me playing. Very hopeful you provide this gem with updates soon, specially Gamecenter. Good luck !

3. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    #63 Pixeye, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Update news

First of all I would like to say tnx for all your feedbacks, expressions and bug reports.

We are making little update and hope to ship it soon.

1) We won't add doubler right now as it looks like unfair deal. Instead I'll make prices more friendly or give chance to get more coins.
    2) Bug with agility upgrade will be fixed
    3) Bug with quest about upgrades will be fixed
    3) I'll try to balance game in friendly way at start. ( Rams won't attack at first and rune requirements will be lower at start )
    4) Player will get coins for unused items when Ragnar perish
    5) Alchemy with potions. New potions will be opened when you reach curtain distance
    6) Game will have slightly different name. We have to remove game from appstore till update.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

4. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    @Pixeye

Thanks for he upcoming update...

6) Game will have slightly different name. We have to remove game from appstore till update.

Will this affect those that have already purchased it? Why the name change? ETA on update?

Thanks again!

5. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    wow, the update sounds really awesome!

same question about the name change: do we have to download again or does the name change with the update automatically?

thanks for working really hard on this one!

6. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    The app itself will remain in appstore so everyone who bought game will get it as update.

7. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Sounds like this update will address all my issues with the game. Particularly pleased to see a rebalancing of quests and the economy.

It's a surprisingly addictive game, and has a refreshingly different core puzzle mechanic.

As andreadeda advises, the "digger" coin boosting upgrade helps a lot. Also recommended is the "rune master" upgrade, as it massively increases your abilities.

Thanks again for the code- I might have otherwise missed this!

8. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Are you addressing the apparent game breaking issue where the second area is near impossible to advance, or does the games rebalancing subsequently fix this issue by allowing the player to enter this area more powerful?

9. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Lazer Kat, we will try to find right balance in difficulty, I managed to complete game with all upgrades easy enough. I believe the main problem is in too slow progression

10. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    This is the issue I was worried about:

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    One upgrade that no one has mentioned, which really helps increase your coin count - when used properly, is the Rage upgrade. It increases your chance of getting the 2X perk. When this perk is used strategically, with the main goal of increasing coins, it can actually be more useful than the digger upgrade.

If you have two 2X perks and a coin perk, you can usually get an extremely high coin reward for one kill.

12. Benholio

Benholio Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2012
    The problem it that if you just squeak your way into the second area without a lot of rune size upgrades (I had my base runs at size 3), you can get stuck where you literally can't progress at all. It happened to me. You automatically start at the second area after that and it is impossible to kill anything from an empty board with those small runes. You can't earn any gold, so you can't upgrade your way out of the rut either. You have to reset your game and abandon all progress or just quit playing.

Ah... good idea.

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013

That is my main issue. The game design effectively punishes a player for having a great run early.

14. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Do you remember roughly how far in the second area is? I'm scared to go past 10,000 m but it's probably not that soon Is it? I've only got one rune upgrade but would like to know when to try to abort before hitting the second level.

I'm sure I'm nowhere near but now I'm worried... This kinda sucks.

Pixeye you need MORE beta testers for sure. #

15. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Second area is at 25,000. I'm stuck there without progression too

16. selona83

selona83 New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    I have to agree about the second area just breaking the game. And i even have a lot of the upgrades. Since i probably played over 100 runs. But now i just cant get past one enemy. Its not possible the way that area is tuned. I cant imagien the third area if the second is near this impossible

17. Nakor

Nakor Active Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Damn it. This always happens with their games. By the time I'm somewhere that I can download the game they have pulled it from the store. Historically, I can likely hope to be able to get it sometime in the next 6-8 months.

18. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah but it's a wonderfully addicting game so better they fix it before you spend a lot of time with it and then possibly lose that progress.

If he can fix it up it'll be a classic... I've already got more than my money's worth but I'd like to see him bulletproof the thing.

19. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    #80 Pixeye, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    Update is coming to appstore. Please note that we pulled game because of issues with game name.
    Besides other things in update I also added ability to chose current level.

PS Issues in balance about second area fixed.

[​IMG]