Universal Vigil RPG (by Aggro Magnet Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AggroMagnetGames, Nov 11, 2014.

1. AggroMagnetGames

AggroMagnetGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    D1vi8, I've just submitted Vigil RPG version 1.0.3 to Apple for review. Once that goes live, it should hopefully fix that crash issue you reported, and you'll be able to load your game.

Again, I'm really sorry that you ran into that issue. Crashes are terrible!

2. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

It's live. Just downloaded it. Nice patch notes

3. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Congratulations to ChumpyMcChump, the worldwide first to win Vigil RPG (per the GameCenter leaderboards)!

It took 5 days, including the the Tuesday 11/11 launch day, for someone to win the game!

Thanks. I always prefer reading "interesting" patch notes to a boring old comment of "Bug fixes." or what have you!

4. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    #24 D1vi8, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    Ok, thanks for the feedback.
    To be honest, I buy a lot of games and this week I was very dissapointed in some games, especially Spage Age. Vigil rpg was just the game I was looking for. Lighthearted and autosave. So when it crashed I demanded a refund for both space age and vigil rpg. Now that I see that you have a heart for the game ( hope my english is not confusing) and provide updates, I bought Vigil rpg back with itunes on my macbook. (You can rebuy a refunded game that way)
    Keep up the good work!

5. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Since you deleted Vigil RPG, I guess your save file was probably lost? Once again, I'm sorry about that!

The good news is, the one other player that reported the same crash bug let me know that he was successfully able to load his save after 1.0.3 went live, so hopefully that's the last Vigil RPG crash you'll see! :)

I'm also glad you're enjoying the "light" nature of the game! Being able to pick up Vigil RPG and play for 60 seconds, and actually achieve something meaningful (e.g. a couple of combats) -- and then not have to worry about saving -- was definitely one of my design goals.

6. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    The game is fun and has a light nature but surely is not shallow. It has a nice tactical layer. It is not a game where you just have to tap but you do have to think on the proper strategy to follow. Very rewarding game if you get the hang of it.

7. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Wow, this is pretty fun for what it is.

8. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

9. evilabdy

What's rule 76? :)

10. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Haha. Thanks for reading the patch notes! I decided not to go into too much detail on what that particular fix was. You'll just have to use your imagination! :)

11. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've been watching this game and am amazed how many updates it's already received. I plan on buying this soon and an active Dev is much more appreciated, so don't think it goes unnoticed.

12. evilabdy

Works for me!

13. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Yerti1, thanks, I appreciate it! :)

14. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    I was thrilled to see today that Touch Arcade did a review of Vigil RPG, and awarded it 4/5 stars!

http://toucharcade.com/2014/11/28/vigil-rpg-review/

The reviewer, Shaun M., did a fantastic job of nailing what makes Vigil RPG fun, so I'd encourage everyone who is curious to click through that link and check out the review.

Vigil RPG also made the list of best games of the week for this Thanksgiving (U.S.) / Black Friday week: http://toucharcade.com/2014/11/28/best-iphone-and-ipad-games-of-the-week-112814/

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and tried out the game! Vigil RPG is the game that I always wanted to play on my iPhone, and I'm really excited that a lot of you are enjoying it too!

15. Chris_D

Chris_D New Member

I was able to put my baby to bed while playing this game. Couldn't be happier.

16. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Chris, thank you!

Easy one-handed play was definitely designed into Vigil RPG on purpose. In my opinion, there's no reason that a turn-based RPG designed for play on a phone should require two hands to play. :)

17. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Vigil RPG update 1.0.6

Vigil RPG update 1.0.6 is now live on the App Store! Patch notes:

• "Could we find more like that?" - Added an achievement for defeating a level 8 or higher enemy without taking any damage, and ending the battle with more MP than the battle was started with!

• Transparent PROTECT shield - The hero can now see Swamp Bats' action cues after defending with the PROTECT spell.

• Ethereal vulnerability - Ghosts are no longer invulnerable to the SPARKSTORM spell.

18. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
  19. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    How does this game looks on iphone? Why is just iphone..

20. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Vigil RPG was designed to look and play great on the iPhone / iPod Touch platform, but it works really well on iPad as well!

You can see some screenshots of the game running on the iPhone platform in the first post in this thread, or on the web here: http://aggromagnetgames.com

Vigil RPG is categorized as an iPhone app (not a Universal app) right now primarily because even as an "iPhone app" it works great on iPad! I may make it an official Universal app in a future update. (As far as I can tell, the only practical difference this will make is to make Vigil RPG more readily findable in App Store search results on the iPad.)