Video recording app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by C.S.J, Feb 14, 2009.

1. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Hey Guys,

has a Video Recording App still not appeared on the AppStore yet?

I dont have a Jailbroken iphone, and i really want to keep it that way.

however, the jailbroken community have had this for ages, so it is truly possible on the 3G iPhone, i would like it.

2. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    jailbreak now lol

why wouldnt you want too

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    wow, your fast.

I only just posted it. *lol*

I Just dont want to. :)

I want to keep everything legit and working correctly without me having to do anything.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Nope. Apple's weird.

5. AppStoreGamer

AppStoreGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Apple doesn't allow this and probably never will....

Jailbreaking your device won't mess with it unless you try to change carriers....just make sure everything is backed up...i've jailbroken over 15 times and never any problem

6. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    iPhone is getting video record in the 10.1.2 update

7. cxx

cxx Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Nice.... I'll be waiting for that one :D

We all know that Apple does this on purpose: they hold back certain features that are not total deal breakers because this means people will go crazy when it actually comes out with a product that has those features.

Just look at when they announced a flush headphone jack in the iPhone 3G. People at the keynote went NUTS! Seriously? For a headphone jack?

Yeah. That's Apple.

8. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    I heard the Ipod Touch will have video recording in the next update but the iPhone won't :(

That sucks....oh well looks like I should stay JB'ed

9. cxx

cxx Member

Feb 14, 2009

That won't happen. The touch doesn't have a camera. You didn't hear that anywhere; you're just making stuff up to spark controversy. Or attempt to, anyway.

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Maybe it's an internal video, kind of like how you can take screenshots.

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    That'd only be useful to devs. I've never really needed to record what's going on on my touch. And I don't know how that'd work without having something run in the background. Internal video's heftier than a quick screenshot. Besides, why on the touch and not the iPhone? They both use the same OS. There are things much more important, too.

12. cxx

cxx Member

Feb 14, 2009

Exactly. Plus, at this point, Apple has set a precedent for the iPhone to have everything the iPod touch to have and more. That is why you can build for iPod touch and iPhone or just iPhone, but not just the iPod touch. Everything built for the touch will work on an iPhone. Sure, they could change this, but why would they? It would be more work to have one less feature. Not to mention the fact that if any device would get it first, it would be the iPhone because it would be able to handle the video capture before the iPod touch could based on its speedier processor.

13. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

No... The iPhone 1G, 3G, and iPod Touch 1G all have the same 412 MHz processor. The iPod Touch 2G has a 532 MHz processor.

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I basically jailbroke mainly for a video recording app. Do it, it's worth it.

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    but i dont fully understand it, what happens when apple release another software update?

will all my paid apps work?
    will i lose anything, including saved games?

will my iphone 3g remain as a UK iphone and not an American one?

so many questions that i just dont know, i dont fully understand the jailbraking thing.

16. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    forget it,

you cant keep your apps or your saved games, start new.. no thanks.

my iMob means too much to me at the moment ;)

17. cxx

cxx Member

Feb 14, 2009

Hmm, news to me. Even in this case, however; the iPhone would still be likely to get the new processor, if not an even better upgrade. The reason for the faster proc. in the 2G touch is because it came out later so it was either cheaper or just made more sense to put it in there.

18. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    I was just joking not creating controversy and if you believed that for more than a second you are retarded.

Oh and stop talking about jailbreaking if you know nothing about it.

because the fact of the matter is that all your content does get saved after jaibreaking even your text messages stay there if you know what your doing.

19. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

OR: It is marketed as a gaming device. Thus needing the better processor. The processor is capable of 620.