Video Downloader iWoopie lite

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bngo16, Jun 2, 2009.

1. bngo16

bngo16 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    #1 bngo16, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
    Hey everyone. I'm a long time view, but first time poster.

I found an interesting app (it's a japanese app) that lets you download youtube and dailymotion videos (look at the topic for the name of the app) and even watch them as you download them. The user interface is really easy to navigate and I like the fact that it's similar to searching for youtube videos. I tried it out a bit and it seems pretty good so far, I was able to download a few videos, but there were some that I couldn't (ex. couldn't download some Billy Talent music videos).

There's limitations (I don't see how these are limitations) but it states in the app store:
    1. unlimited to download video
    2. unlimited to download per video size
    3. unlimited to download from youtube and others.

I discovered this app in Pandora and it even shows up if you type it up in the app store on your iphone/ipod touch. Here's the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310141169

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Welcome to TouchArcade forums. :D

Interesting app, I'll have to give it a try even though I use the jailbroken app MXTube to download YouTube videos.
    Those "limitations" are rather confusing though. Maybe they meant the full version will have that, although I can potentially see the app being removed if they're charging to download videos online from mainstream websites.

As for not being able to download some videos, maybe it's just copyright stuff.

3. redbotsoftware

redbotsoftware Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    SF Bay Area
    Wow, now that's a great app! But I don't understand how apple allowed it? It's okay to download from YouTube?!