Universal Veritas (by Glitch Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 11, 2020.

1. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Just want to say, thank you so much for writing this!

It's knowing that people are getting some enjoyment from our games that make us want to continue making them. Do they make lots of money? No, not at all. Do they make enough for a living? Depends on the day of the week. But do we enjoy making them? Yes!

So again, thank you so much for playing the game and for taking the time to write this ( and for feeling this way in the first place! )

metalcasket likes this.
  2. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I honestly don't think that Metalcasket could have said if better, and it is evident that this game is a labour of love. The puzzles are tricky, and I admit that I have resorted to using the hint function more than once.

I hate to complain about anything, but the only beef that I have is the backup that it does at totally random times, interrupting what one is doing. It always seems to pop up at the worst times. Also, I honestly don't know if this feature even works since the "data loaded" always stays at zero, and I have to exit the game to get the backup feature to go away. I'm wondering how necessary this feature is, and whether it can be disabled?

Other than that, a most enjoyable game.

metalcasket likes this.
  3. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you for saying so!

It seems there is an issue with the Backups when photos are included, luckily this can be disabled, as well as the backups themselves and their frequency, via Settings > Backups.

You can then do manual backups at anytime if you want.

In the next update backups will be disabled by default just to make it less annoying.

David1953 likes this.
  4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, and I forgot to mention...this thing even runs on my old man's 4th gen iPad!!! How insane is that?!

5. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks GlitchGames! I love all your games. I redeemed 4636PFA4WJMA.
    I will write a review after playing some time with the game. :)

6. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    That's awesome! We try to make sure as many devices as possible can play but without being able to afford every device under the sun ourselves ( don't even get me started on android devices ) it's hard to be sure.

Thank you, hope you like it!

7. Sharpie218

Sharpie218 Member

Jan 13, 2017
    6HYW6TKT3XTL Redeemed. Thank you very much. This is a genre I enjoy and look forward to playing and leaving a great review. Hope it sells well.

8. Kubaton

Kubaton Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Louisiana, USA
    All codes have been redeemed. Thanks so much for providing them to those that were lucky enough to use one!

9. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Well, I finished the game, and it was a most enjoyable experience. It actually ended a bit quicker than I expected.

I was curious, though, as to whether there was supposed to be a chapter 5, 6, or 7? When I played it, it went straight from chapter 4 to chapter 8. I hope that I didn’t miss anything.

10. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I just finished the game yesterday and I got to say GlitchGames did it again. They made another fantastic immersive point and click puzzle game that makes you ponder. I’ve played all their Forever Lost games and this one lands right up next to them with great new improvements. The story was interesting The new Photo management options had a nice clean ui that made it easier to manage photo clues on screen. The new photo snap animation was nice. Also Adjusting the photos size and rotation by pinching was a nice touch. Visuals are clean vibrant with nice animations. Puzzles are challenging. Musics and ambient sounds are perfect. All and all this game would make a great addition to your GlitchGame collection. Thank you devs for you all you hard work putting this game together.

Crit:

One thing I notice was this white flash on screen once in awhile. I noticed it when I was in the ending chapters. Not sure if it was intentional for part of the sim chapter or a bug.

11. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Have reached chapter 3 now and it seems the best Glitch game yet.
    I love the music references thrown in - I’ve found Bowie and numerous Pink Floyd lyrics so far. Anyone found any others?