Universal Venture Kid (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016.

1. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland

Oh the fond memories I have of my old speccy. What fun and adventure it was loading from cassette, don't fart or it won't load :D

2. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Thank your lucky stars you didn't have an Oric 1 mate. I had to travel 3 miles on a bus to my mates house to get a go on a speccy!

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    While I do enjoy reading how many other old farts besides myself there are on TouchArcade, maybe we should start a new thread for that topic so we don't muddy up the discussion about Venture Kid :)

4. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    must buy must buy must but its a steal u guys if hblike goblin sword the new updated mutant mudds this is for u !#######

5. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

That would probably make sense, us old farts forget where things are easily :D

Back on topic, this is probably the best MegaMan style game I've played on iOS for a long time. I like that (on Normal, not tried Hard yet) it's a bit more forgiving with the respawns than MegaMan was. Not that I object to a challenge, but on iPhone I'm a much more dip in and out kind of player a lot of the time.

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That's probably a good idea. Maybe the powers that be can move the posts from here to its own thread the way they did with the Stay Mum game. I'm also interested in the old farts conversation.

7. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    U gotta try mutant MUDDS a lil pricey they came down of the $8.99 tag but U will love it

8. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Truly a wonderful game right here. Not a big fan of Megaman, but I do quite enjoy this one. I'm just confused what the Weapon Manager does. The description confused me.

9. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

Yeah, I've got it for the 3DS, awesome game I still play it. £3.99 is a really good price for that game though, I might pick it up for iOS as well.

If any old farties want to reminisce about the old days, I've made a thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=279674 to keep this on topic.

10. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Congrats, FDG Venture Kid is featured on the App Store home page. Second from the top.

11. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Pyramid secret (golden) item... anyone know where/how to get it? I'm clueless circling around the secret area.

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'd quite like an answer to that please as well if anyone knows

13. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#73 Future777, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Thank you! When you collect weapon energy cells, you normally just refill the currently equipped special weapon - with the weapon manager the energy gets distributed/shared among all special weapons.

Thanks a lot! We're all super excited and very happy about it. :):) After all the time during production and development it feels great to get such a nice visibility, feedback and support . Cheers!

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Motorcycle boss killing me. I must be getting old.

15. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Nope, you can do it! :) Try using the boomerang for the first hits (throw then jump - see if that works for you), jump rapidly when slime gets you to shake it off. Also no shame to spend your orbs from level 1+2 for an extra life and energy refill item. With 8 hearts you will have more power and better chances.

16. tex32

tex32 Active Member

May 9, 2013
    Wow, really enjoying this one! If you are a fan of old school platformers like Mega Man, don't pass this one up - a true gem!

17. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Yes. This.

Just started this. Was already sold by the first trailer. The first levels feels so very much Mega Man 2. Such a great feel here. Devs did a great job. Looking forward to playing more with an MFi later.

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #78 7lilwhitewolf7, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Yo! That icon
    If there wuz a thread on Mega Man iOS titles this would be at the top

19. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Just popped in to jump on the "this game is great" bandwagon. Controls and physics feel are superb. I'm still not all the way through Lonewolf, also really fantastic. Hopefully I have a lot of free time this weekend! Really nice work FDG dudes (and/or dudettes?)

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Here to say... The visuals, the sounds, the controls, and the gameplay. Superb quality and polish.

Just another day in the FDG Entertainment office, right? :)