Universal Venture Kid (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #41 Son of Anarchy, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Well, I guess since we're all getting cosy, 98yo here... I was gaming when all of you weren't even a twinkle in your parents eyes... I remember my first game like it was yesterday. Wait, what day is it today? Oh yes, two rocks. And a stick. And a piece of gum. Now that was a real game. Took me weeks to get to the end and there weren't no fancy saving in them days, no sir. Had to start again each playthrough, I didn't sleep for a month. Then, when electricity was invented...

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  3. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Yesssss!!! Great video! AND MFI CONTROLLER SUPPORT???
    Purchasing... NOW!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Absolutely. Yes.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Um... Most of us here are adults. You know what kids play these days. It's their parents that game like crazy. :)

6. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Thanks everyone for checking out the game and giving feedback. I'm happy to hear you like it! :) Little tip for switching special weapons: Alternatively to the Pause screen you can also cycle through weapons by tapping anywhere in the upper 2/3 of the game-screen.

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Between this and lone wolf, which is one of my favorite iOS games ever, I'm so eager to see what these guys do next. I know you just released two games but is there anything else in the pipe line

8. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thanks @Fastbridge. Yes we're cooking a lot more but I can't offer any more release dates atm. Please stay tuned.

Here's one more hint for beginners - can you find all the secret zones? :D

[​IMG]

9. norpai

norpai Active Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Does it work on a iphone 4S?

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY

Didn't realize there were hidden rooms at first. On my first playthrough I saw that brick and thought "that's a different color for a reason" and went to walk through just for the hell of it.

Very nice surprise.

11. Rahmat Ali

Rahmat Ali Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Business
    Malaysia
    What a great game #

This game is awesome #

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks.
    I only should have touched the screen "one mm" higher, lol. Yes, it helps, but for my personal preferences it's still too high. My intuitive thumb movement in the intense heat of the battle would still prefere to go sideways. Since i'm the only one, nevermind.

The pharao is driving me nuts. Looks like i need some special potions to bring into my next battle. Glad i bought the doubler.

13. Future777

Patreon Studio

Yes, it does.

Thanks a lot! @Rahmat Ali

Haha yes, we added some subtle hints for the secret zones. Cool to hear you found it on your own right away! :)

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I just realized that with all the post I made here last night I neglected to say anything about the game. Sorry dev. The game is so smooth and the controls are so tight it feels as though it was built for speed runs. So far I'm really liking the levels as well. With a variety of different settings and enemies I can't see how it could be any better. If this isn't GOTW, TA should be ashamed. #

15. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Bought bat haven't tried it yet.
    Really looking forward to it after reading all the positive comments.

16. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    #56 TrueBlou, Jan 14, 2016

You're definitely not alone there. I've been gaming since the first TV Pong games, damn I'm getting old :D Still got my first one and 30 odd other consoles I've had over the years. They still all get used.

Anyway, awesome, I've been waiting on this releasing. Definite purchase, especially at the bargain price. Glad it's got controller support as well.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The exploration aspect of Venture Kid is so damn awesome. I was not expecting that, especially with the pyramids. The game is worth buying to play that level alone. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

18. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #58 orangecan, Jan 14, 2016
    Me too, my first console was pong And tennis from Tandy!

This is brilliant tho the touch controls are so spot on that I've not even bothered digging out my controller.

It's wierd to think that something like this is less than a quid and I'd have probably paid 40 pounds for it on the NES....

19. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    My first one was a Grandstand tv multi game thing with pong and a couple of variations, it still lives.

They really have nailed this game though, like you say, the controls are right on the money and It is crazy the value you get from games on the AppStore.

If there were justice in the world the really simple games could keep their freemium style nonsense and good, quality releases should command a better price, but that'll never happen, not now. The race to the bottom was the worst thing to ever happen to the AppStore.

I mean the gamers amongst us have no problem paying up to anything over £100 when it comes to collectors editions on consoles. Many games these days on the AppStore have years of development time behind them. Why should they be considered to be of less value?

I actually read a review once, can't remember the game, but I remember it being good and it was free. The reviewer said they loved it but would only give it two stars unless the developer removed the adverts and in app purchases, then it would be five stars. What the hell? Do these people go to work every day for free? Do they hell, they expect to get their wage at the end of the month. Maybe they think developers live in a magic bubble, where they don't have to pay for anything and can just sit and pop out apps willy nilly :rolleyes:

*rant over, sorry just had my medication it makes me want to waffle on and on and on and..... :D

20. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I started pc gaming with a ZX81 here in the UK. Had to type the code in myself to play anything at first. Moved up to an Oric (failed Spectrum competitor) because my dad knew it was a technically better machine, tho it suffered from lack of software created for it... especially games, sigh ... Then it was to an Acorn Electron (little brother to the BBC Micro) and played Elite from AcornSoft for many months, recording my game progress on tape cassette multiple times a save in case the magnetic tape got damaged and corrupted my save. I can still remember my mum calling me for my tea (what we call dinner in the north of England) as I just matched rotation with the 'letterbox' docking entry point. Nightmare!

After a few years I eventually got a NES when I was at University. Quickly followed by a SNES, my all time fave console because of Mario Kart, Zelda and Super Metroid , oh and StarFox.

Then the N64... Perfect Dark, Ocarina of Time ... Ok I'm ranting. Sorry got all nostalgic playing this homage to the MegaMan series!

Looking at this thread it's great to see how many older gamers are here on TA.