Universal Venture Kid (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Finally a GOTW worthy game since the app store freeze. Actually my first spent (criminal cheap) dollar since then.

Phew, i'm glad i didn't start with the hard mode. The difficulty ramps up pretty quickly. And though it seems that my reaction skills are getting slower, i love it. Damn, i only can blame me, because the controls are perfect.

I'm at the Desert and everything gets better and better. The brilliant music, the level design with some hidden corners and also more weapons to my disposal.

9 levels only some say...
    Besides them getting longer, going back to older levels with your new weapon will pay out. Though not for everyone, we even have a speed mode for each difficulty. The replay value is given and absolutely great, in my books.

My only (but strongly) head shaking minus is the totally missplaced weapon button. Hope i'm not the only one who wants it replaced with the pause button. At least as an option, please?

2. caseyhicks6

caseyhicks6 Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I can't believe how smooth this game is. It's like I'm playing it on Nes....is it sad that I'm probably the only one here who's old enough to actually own an Nes as a kid?

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    ;) also owned a Sega Master system at the same time

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    No way man, plenty of old timers around here. Myself included. Had a 2600 then got the NES for Christmas one year. I stopped playing for years then bought a second hand PS1 in 2000 then Xbox. There was also a Genesis in there somewhere. Now I have a PS3 and two kids, so most of my gaming is done here on my phone. You are not alone.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Nope. I was playing Colecovision and Atari 2600 before then.

Digging this. Definately has that old school difficulty while still being fair. Any mistakes are on you.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Loving this so much! Thank you FDG, this is right next to Slayin in my Classic folder.

Try to get through Level One without hitting the B button, Ha, its harder that it looks! :D

7. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Trust me, there are more 45+ on TA than you would think. ;)

8. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    $5,99 for the coin doubler?

9. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah I think the first game machine in my house was an Odyssey (1!). You literally had to attach the game screen to the TV. Loved it!

10. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #30 Zevious Zoquis, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    hahhaha...oh you have much to learn grasshopper! :D

When I was a kid I used to go over to my best bud's place to play his new Pong machine. Then we got an Atari 2600.

11. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I couldn't get into Slayin. It was the whole single screen, back and forth thing. A lot of people seem to really like it. It just seemed to be more of a high score chasing game. Did I miss something?

12. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Oh my god, I total forgot about the pong machine. We had one of those. My dad found it in the landfill (yeah, I know) and believe it or not it still worked.

13. caseyhicks6

caseyhicks6 Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Haha, well good! Awesome. Glad I'm not the only one!

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #34 LordShad0wz, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    <----- old timer. Had a pong machine. Coleco machine. Commodore 64c with the tape drive and then upgraded to the disk drive hell yea lol. Had an atari. And don't even start me on the following generation. Sega master system, Sega handheld, every Nintendo system and gameboy and I even had the one gameboy that freaken made my head hurt so bad it was red and I had to put it on a table.

I could go on all night lol.

I purchased this game and the orb doubler. Now to go play!

Thanks Appunwrapper for the gameplay video!

Billy

EDIT- the first level is awesome. It absolutely brings back the memories. This game is the real deal. Even the boss. Really awesome. FDG is really on a roll. First with Lonewolf and now this game.

15. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    If you played Mega Man its a flashback to those boss fights. Not for everybody but I dig it.

16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I'll have to give it another go with the boss fight comparison in mind.

17. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Love the NES Mega Man games, especially MM2. This is right up my alley. Would be cool if we're playable on Apple TV too...

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    31 here lol I had a nes to guys #

19. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    58 here, and been into games for a long time too. Starting with pong at the arcade. This game looks sweet!

20. goggles

goggles Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Any word on the PC release?