iPad Venger (By Wretched Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zztfox, Nov 5, 2008.

1. davidmdowning42

davidmdowning42 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    This happened to me. Then I realized that it just wanted me to turn the device over. Turn your device over. Problem solved.

2. davidmdowning42

Aug 12, 2008
    Gosh darn update erases all your progress, though. They warn you in the release notes, but still, boo hiss.

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    yeah me too. progress is gone so!

before you can play either landscape directions but now it's stuck on the other side like SPIN. i wonder why

4. rustamanyana

rustamanyana New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #64 rustamanyana, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    yeah, at first i thought that might be the issue, but as i observed it further, i noticed that, the buttons for the boost and missile were not at the bottom of the page where their image was, but at the top of the page.

when you are using the lasers, if you modulate to the blue, the beams turn red, if you modulate to the red, the beams turn blue.

I have also erased the file and reloaded it, and done a hard reboot. This did not help either.

5. davidmdowning42

Aug 12, 2008
    No really, that's exactly what it does when you hold it upside down. Turn it over. I'm telling you...

6. rustamanyana

rustamanyana New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    ah, i see, but don't you find it a bit uncomfortable to be playing this game while standing on your head? :D

7. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I just downloaded a new update that promises to fix the upside down thing.:)

8. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Developers, PLEASE DO AWAY WITH THE *@!&! MINES COMING THROUGH WALLS IN NARROW CORRIDORS. I'm now at level 18, and this is beyond frustrating. I have at least 10 times fought my way through endless asteroid fields, just to be killed at the end by some stupid mine coming through a wall right on top of me without any chance to evade or destroy it. The 1.04 update did a lot to balance the other levels, but this really sucks. I'm afraid I will never see the announced enhancements in levels 19 and 20. :(

9. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Just beat Venger !!!!!

:) thats right, you read it first here....excellent game, after getting close twice (then the updates put the cabbosh on my progress :confused:) i finally made it...not the insane level mind you, the regular, toughest levels 17 & 18.
    level 17, use the color lasers to beat all the color drones, once thei shields are gone then you can "IKE TURNER' their arsess with guided missles, level 18, well lets just say the fast flying feature comes in very handy. Excellent game, one of the best out for the iphone yet...now how bout a good fighting games....;) oi!

10. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
  11. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    lol good job. I don't think I'll ever get to beating very many games :(

12. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Congrats! ;) I also finally made it yesterday. Level 17 was not so bad anymore after the 1.04 update, but 18 had me fear for my iPhone (felt really tempted to throw it out the window several times :p). I only made it through there with a lot of luck. The final two levels were fun again though. Not sure if I will attempt Insane mode unless they fix the "mines drifting through walls" bug in level 18 ...

13. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Good job

Isn't Venger really the ideal iphone game (stuck on level 12). It has cute graphics, you get to shoot stuff, and best of all, each level tkaes less than 5 minutes.

I know there's a lot of talk about the iphones challenging the DS and PSP, but the focus (and perhaps it is) should really be on games like Venger, Blue Skies, Snail Mail, Monkey Ball and Tris - games you play while waiting in a line or on the crapper. These "short" games are a heck of a niche and if I were Apple developers, I really wouldn't focus on longer platform games (Cube is junk and Spore/Star Wars are just pathetic mirrors of their counterparts) KeepItSimple games like Venger really should be the focus

14. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    This is a great game! Congrats on beating it :)

15. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008

16. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    yeah your right, venger is really the definition of a good iphone game. Good iphone games have to be extensive plotlines broke into a bunch of tiny pieces.

17. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    A new update for Venger is out, and it seems the developers have addressed my concern above. Just played through level 18; it's still not easy (and shouldn't be), but far less frustrating, as not a single mine drifted through a wall. :D I will attempt to beat it on Insane level now. :cool:

Kudos to the developers for their continued updates and support!

18. I second that. This developer really listens to his customers.

19. podesta

podesta Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Brisbane Australia
    Venger 1.09 patch - Get your 3d glasses ready

The first update of Venger for months has been submitted to the AppStore.
    The game is now playable from start to finish in stereoscopic 3d.
    Along with this, there are several additional features:
    - revamped artwork for background
    - increased fog effects
    - new weapon pickup
    - red laser now does extra damage, purple does extra points and blue heals shields
    - switched from geocade to OpenFeint for online leaderboards.
    - new score system - each level is now scored individually in the leaderboards and an aggregate leaderboard for who has achieved the greatest score overall
    - stereoscopic rendering with red/blue, red/green or red/cyan filters.
    - vertical flip option for tilt control

The LITE version will be submitted soon with all these features including the 3d stereoscopic play. So if you have any 3d glasses floating around, be sure to keep them handy.

Attached Files:

20. podesta

podesta Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Brisbane Australia