iPad Venger (By Wretched Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zztfox, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Thanks for that information Daniel, and may I congratulate you on a superb game which gets better with every update. I have deservedly given it 5 out of 5 in iTunes.

2. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    this game is insane! it is actually deserving a place in my dock :p

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    That sir, may be the boldest statement I have heard this week! :eek:

4. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY
    Gahhh... I was doing so good about not spending money on apps lately, but now I must check this out :p

5. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    #45 Rigby, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    The update is really a big improvement. But there are still some small annoyances. In the later levels, it often happens that mines are placed after a bend in the middle of a narrow corridor, or they even come out of the wall right in front of you, so there is no chance to evade or shoot them. I also had a weird bug with the "worm" boss (I believe it was in level 15 or 16): At some point, it stopped its normal pattern of attack and got stuck rotating around itself. Made it easy for me, but was probably not intended. :)

Also, any hints how to beat the "diamond" guys with the energy shields? I can't figure out the system. Shooting them with color-matched lasers sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm currently stuck in level 17, where at some point you are dealing with 5 or 6 of these guys at once, and it seems nearly impossible ...

6. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY
    So I broke down and purchased this game.. I have only played the first 6 levels so far but am very happy with the purchase... I see why you guys like it so much...

7. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Not a bad game

I've played it off and on and am definitely impressed. I would suggest a forward tilt (like in Asphalt 4) to accerelate, in addition to having longer acceleration times. Also, all the levels were unlocked with the latest update and I like that a lot!

8. Bad idea. Firstly, why would you want that when it doesn't work effectively in Asphalt? I keep using turbo in that game when I don't even want to. Secondly, forward tilt is already used in this game to dive, just as backward tilt is used to climb.

9. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    yeah, that was a bit of a brain fart there - forgot about forward tilt already having a function. Still, I like the idea of accelerating some othe way besides hitting that button in its present location. Maybe if the acceleration and missles buttons were to the lower left and right hand corners, then have the weapons in the middle part of the right and left hand edges of the screen - then I could hit the buttons without averting my eyes from the main action.

Yeah, I like that idea a lot better

10. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    im on the same level and here's what i do... after you have removed the halo from the diamond thugs, shoot a missile and then they'll disappear. now you go take care of the rest.

regarding why the color match doesnt work sometimes... make sure both thumbs are touching about the exact same color :cool:

11. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    v1.03

Another update in da house...;)

12. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    im not sure if this is a bug or this is part of the update...

whenever you go "outside" of the game screen, before it used to be invisible but now when you touch the "limits" it shows glow in the dark grids...

it really pisses me off... why do we need to make them visible?

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm pretty sure that's a feature. I like it, though. There is a wall there, so I'd rather it show up in this fashion, then to simply run into it and have it remain invisible.

Also note that 1.0.3 is out. This is the update the developer mentioned, that fixes things like level select and all levels unlocked, etc.

14. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    That's what I'm trying to do, but often I can't seem to remove the shield. Also, if you have a whole bunch of those guys ganging up on you, good look getting the missile to hit precisely the one without shield. ;)
    Thanks, that could be it. I'll try to be more accurate in "modulating my phasers". Mr. Worf would be proud. :)

15. Review now up on my blog. Love this game.

16. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Ok, made a little progress here. The red lasers in particular seem to only work if you touch the triggers all the way at the top, even though the lasers are also red if you touch a bit lower. I think this is too sensitive, especially since you get no feedback if you haven't hit the right spot (except by being killed once again :rolleyes:).

Anyway, I think level 17 is just way too hard. It's almost impossible to deal with 6 multicolored "diamonds" simultaneously, especially while dodging their shots, asteroids, and mines at the same time. And if that wasn't hard enough, if you don't manage do dispatch them quickly they will be joined by several of the red/blue UFOs as well. This is just frustrating. I have made it to the boss a few times by sheer luck, but my shields were almost dead and of course no "S" powerups appeared. Grrr. :mad:

17. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Developer, I keep getting booted off when I click on continue after dying. I reinstalled the app but the problem remains.

18. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    how about a good device restart?

19. rustamanyana

rustamanyana New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Venger 1.04 update

Has anyone downloaded this update, my version appears to be upside down. the location of the buttons on the screen do not match where they activate. The boost button shows on the bottom of the screen, but activates on the top of the screen, same for the missiles.

it's like everything is upside down.

20. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Mine is working fine... Try re-installing it and let me know if that didn't work.