iPad Venger (By Wretched Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zztfox, Nov 5, 2008.

1. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah me too, I was on level 6 I think, but I don't even remember

2. #22 wastedyuthe, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
    When I updated I removed the app from my Touch and re-installed so I had no choice but to start from the beginning again. This game is excellent now (it was good already). There are neat graphical additions, and I like the new missile, and the fact you can now shoot the asteroids.
    LOVE IT! :)
    There is one thing I have noticed however- if an enemy ship is past a wall in front of you they can actually shoot through the wall! I don't remember this happening before in the previous version. Did it?

3. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm pretty sure it didn't

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    the unlocking of all levels I think is a bug. I also found that the game crashed every time it asked me to enter my initials, plus every score, no matter how bad, was a high score. I removed the app from my ipod and then installed it again and while I lost my progress, all levels aren't unlocked any more and it doesn't crash at high score name entry. It's like before now. So you can either wait for a fix, or do this and start over.

5. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Does it still have the shoot through the wall bug? I've noticed it's gotten harder with more enemies, but at the same time slightly easier with missiles. The new boss is also much harder. It's getting to become a good game overall, and at the $0.99 price tag i got it, it's becoming worth way more than that.

6. I took the liberty of asking the developer about the enemies being able to shoot through walls. This was their response-

"Thank you for your feedback!

We will be making some improvements in update 1.0.3, which will include a fix for the enemy projectile collision. This should resolve any issues with enemies firing plasma balls through walls."

Sorted.

7. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I love the fact that they're so active with their updates. Woo hooo!

8. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Ill check it out right now!

9. RosieProf

RosieProf Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Glad it work for you folks. But it does look like others have had my problem, based on the Apps store reviews.
    I'll try deleting and re-installing.

10. Like I said, I did that anyway as I wanted to play it from the start to see what was new with all the levels from the beginning.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This update is great, but be aware that you are going to need to delete the app and reinstall and that means clearing your progress and high scores. Hopefully they get the next update to install without such problems. Still, I think this is a really fun game and definitely worth the price and the trouble of this update.

12. The thing is, this is almost an entirely different game now, thanks to new a weapon, the ability to shoot asteroids and mines, and new end of level baddies. So really your past high-score shouldn't really apply anymore, so I personally didn't see a problem in starting again. See what I'm saying?

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Sure, but you shouldn't have to delete the application and re-install it to get it to work properly. When I installed it over the previous version I ended up with all levels, including insane unlocked, it thought every score was a high score and it crashed at name entry. I then has to delete and re-install in order to get it to function correctly.

14. Yep- agree with you there.

15. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    ok I'll bite, I'm gonna go ahead and get it while it's still $1

16. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    hi everyone.. im on level 7 and i cant kill the diamond looking thugs with a red and violet halo around them. how am i suppose to kill them?

17. Haven't had chance to get that far yet (can't get my daughter off Touch Fishing atm!), but I am assuming these are the guys you have to match your laser colour to (ie, if they have a red halo, you have to fire red lasers at them by holding the lower half instead of the top half). Try that and let me know if that's the case.

18. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    oh wow!!! i didnt know the color of my laser changes as you go up and down. i remember something about matching laser colors on the manual but it didnt say HOW to do it...

playing now... thats it! thats how you kill em. thanks!

19. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea it was worth it, very cool game indeed... :)

20. Daniel Krenn

Daniel Krenn New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    We do apologize for the level locking/unlocking (and potential crash) bug that was introduced in 1.0.2. This issue has been resolved in 1.0.3, which should be live in the next few days (once Apple has reviewed and approved it).

The enemy projectile collision issue will now be resolved in 1.0.4, as we wanted to make sure we got a fix out for the aforementioned bug a.s.a.p.

There are a few other little fixes we managed to squeeze into 1.0.3 though, so hopefully these make game play a little more enjoyable!

Regards,

Daniel Krenn
    Wretched Games