iPhone Vendetta Online by Guild Software, Inc.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    LOL I feel kind of embarrassed. My 800th post was asking if something was worth it. I guess I better download it! After all, it is very cheap.

2. stevethomp

stevethomp New Member

May 22, 2012
    Does anyone know if there is a way to link my new iPad account to one I already had from the Mac client? Or, to delete my previous account to associate my new one to my email?

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Just experimented with VO on my icade via Blutrol. Obviously there is no way to get passed the roll function at the moment. However it controls well with the stick.
    Mapped the buttons to my thrusters, target, main weapons and stop.

Not perfect by any means but it does feel sharper so far

Attached Files:

4. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Really jealous!

5. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    This game took a bit of getting used to, but now I am LOVING IT!!!!!! Right now, it is blowing O&C out of the water IMO!!

6. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    [​IMG]

7. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    It's probably in the best interest of the devs and us to experiment with a few different external control options. If we can close the gap on our PC rivals then there will be a whole lot more $10 subscriptions being purchased :)

8. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    For sure! :D There is no way to do what you did without jailbraking, right?

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Find something that doesn't require JB and you'll be onto something ;) Maybe they could officially support iCade? OK probably not going to happen...

I seriously hope they work on improving the virtual stick though. It will never be as precise as physical controls and it's not terrible but it could be better.

10. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    The other reason that this is so much better then O&C is the FILESIZE! Over a gig less after all the files have been downloaded! :D

11. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I agree. I'm not trying to promote JB is any way. Sorry if I came across that I was. As it allows to pair potential controls Blutrol can help in the process for now. That's all :)

Yeah the virtual controls can be improved alot as can the interface.

Meanwhile Im closing in on my new Rev. Amped!!

12. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    In my humble opinion, the accelerometer controls with flight assist off are MUCH better than the joystick....especially when you tweak the sensitivity. I can get very precise movement in both flight models and each ship has a different "feel" and weight which is nice!

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, has anyone tried using a bluetooth keyboard? Since, and I know ai mentioned this before, I have one specifically for my ipad. I just need to restock my itunes funds before I take the plunge. And figure out what to do about my storade space issues.

14. Incarnate

Incarnate Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Hi everyone! Glad people are still having fun. A couple of quick responses:

- You can use the current iPad version to log in with any account, and conversely can also use a new account you created via the iPad's "single-click account creation" on any other platform. You either need to A) choose "I have an existing account" when you complete the initial tutorial on install, or B) from your logged-in single-click account, "Convert" it to a normally passworded account. You can achieve this by going to the Purchases menu in Options. In a coming version, we'll also allow you to re-name your auto-created account during this conversion process as well. Once the account is converted (you add an email address for password recovery, and define a password), you're then dropped to a regular game login, where you can log in with a different account if you choose. Similarly, you can then use the "converted" username/password to log in on any other platform, like playing with the "free month" iPad account on your Mac, etc.

- We're adding the ability to flip the screen orientation around, so the headphone jack is not an issue. Should be in the next version (probably submitted at the end of this week, then maybe another week for Apple to approve it). There's also a whole lot of other fixes and tweaks we're aiming to include in the next build. Although I should mention that it will also no longer appear for sale on the iPad1 (it was never intended to show up on those devices, and is unlikely to ever be entirely stable with only 256MB of ram).

- We do intend to add more options for controls as we move forward. I'd like to at least do a couple of different static button layouts that people can choose, and perhaps some different response-curves for the joystick region. I can't promise this stuff immediately, but I'd like to see it in the next couple of months. Eventually we'd like to get a much more user-configurable interface, but that's a bit of a larger undertaking (a whole UI where people can draw and move around and define touch regions and things).

15. Incarnate

Incarnate Member

Apr 18, 2013
    We've tested it with a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and it worked well. If you have any problems with bluetooth keyboards, please open a support ticket and let us know.

16. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I was on the fence with getting the Logitech keyboard anyway. Convinced me:)

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Haha, I am soooo tempted now. @Grayskull & @Lost_Deputy Let us know how (and if) it works!

18. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Finally at 2/2/1/2/1

Had a great dogfight with a guardian and won...just

19. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
  20. Nickofullysicko

Jul 2, 2012
    Thanks dep! Hey how many hours do u think it took to get your licenses to their current level? Any tips? I've mainly been doing courier missions.

Cheers!