Universal VEmpire -The Kings of Darkness, Deckbuilding-Game, looking for BETA-Testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wlueger, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlueger

wlueger Active Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Hi TouchArcade-Community!

VEmpire - The Kings of Darkness is a vampire themed digital deck-building game, inspired by one of history's most influential royal dynasties - the house of Habsburg.

It offers unique art, theme and atmosphere. But it is also is a card-game with real strategy & never seen before mechanics. No Pay2Win, local player with great AI, and PvP vs. friends, plays also offline!

My name is wolfgang, with some very talented guys I am working on this title since more then 4 years now!
    I am very excited to announce that we are very close to release the game for iOS.

We've already build a small but passionate community around the game.
    I honestly believe that it is all about building a friendly respectfully community that not only enjoys but drives the development together. I'm very grateful for all the love of our players without them we would not have made it that far!
    I would love if you choose to be a part of this exciting project.

If you would help us with testing on iOS, please drop me a line:
    [email protected]

Trailer:
    https://youtu.be/iT34P3poWFo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although the game is already available on steam in early-access for PC/MAC/LINUX, and we are happy to have a great desktop version, VEmpire was always meant to be an iOS game from the very beginning!
    It just looks and 'feels' amazing on this devices!

I would absolutely love if some of you would join us, no matter where and how.

You can find out more about the game & meet us here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/619230/VEmpire__The_Kings_of_Darkness/
    http://vempiregame.com/
    https://twitter.com/
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/vempire-epic-deck-building-game

any feedback or questions is highly appreciated!

love, wolfgang...

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Line dropped! (Sent email)

Have been awaiting this game for some time now.

3. wlueger

wlueger Active Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Thanks guys for all the E-Mails!
    I love to have you in, very soon the TestFlight invites will arrive!

cheers, wolf...

4. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Also sent the email. This game looks and feels awesome. Despite the steam thing, i have been waiting for the ios, since it is more my gaming platform nowadays.
    Best of luck

5. wlueger

wlueger Active Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Hey folks!

Sorry for the delay!
    As it is with testing, we've encountered some issues with our engine, so we have a short delay with
    the public -testflight!
    I expect a few more days, if there are some more serious issues i'll notify you!
    Anyway we have all your addresses listed and you will for sure be notified!

And because of this: we still take new ones, happy for everyone who joins us!

thanks for the patience, yours wolf!

6. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    great game

Well I have receoved the beta test and I say (not having seen anything besides screenshots) I like it very much.
    The lore is amazingly conceived.
    If I may make some suggestions (and a couple of bug notices, bugs first, then suggestions):
    - Game froze on black when I first started it, but has been acting normally since starting it the subsequent times;
    - Some strange music/effect stuck during maybe half a minute (like a cash register going "ka-tching; ka-tching, Katching" for 30-45 seconds, annoying but then stopped)

- Please brighten up the screen. I know i usually use my ipad on the lowest brightness setting (to save battery), but darn I had to put it halfway through, otherwise I could not see a thing. I know the game is dark, but give a brightness slider ingame option or something, please.
    - The text on the tutorial is a bit... bad, when compared to the flavour text on the cards and the lore part. It just feels off (some parts don't even make sense)
    - I haven't played it that much, I know, but I think an "undo" button on your turn would be good because sometimes misclicks happen. I for one empired my king when I did not want to in one game.
    - Maybe give a brief explanation of each faction in terms of strategy of play (Like this faction has more this, so they are good at doing that)

Some things that I love:
    - Factions are subtly different;
    - The graphics and the music (oh the music is awesome)
    - The sudden realization during the first game (the first beating you receive lol) of how it is "played" really
    - How the "maret" is organized

So, keep up the good work and best of luck. For me this will be an insta-buy :)

7. wlueger

wlueger Active Member

Jan 9, 2015
    @Avaniar
    Thanks for the nice words man, this means a lot to us :)

We are already investigating in the issues, has to do with the sound engine i guess, soon we'll provide an update!
    We will also go through all your suggestions also, every point is listed.
    You can always provide more detailed feedback, what we always love, here: [email protected]

cheers, wolf...

8. Nanoc-ice

Nanoc-ice New Member

Nov 22, 2017
    running on iPhone 6 plus

I am limited to running the Beta on an iPhone 6 plus at the moment and it runs beautifully. I would second the comment about it being a bit dark, especially for me on a smaller screen. And while the text is really small it is readable.

While playing I wanted to see an enlarged card from my hand and noticed that it could only be enlarged when it was my turn. Is this intentional or could this be added?

I am still learning the fundamentals of the game and find that I have gone through the "tutorial" several times to see what I was missing. Expanding this a bit might help first timers with the game.

The artwork and graphics are definitely very attractive and the theme is very well done.

9. wlueger

wlueger Active Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Release delayed...hey just slightly :)

Hey guys!

First and foremost:
    Thanks for all your support, for all the requests (all your addresses are in our testflight-list)
    thanks for the nice words, the bug reports, the suggestions and valuable critics!

Sorry if there is one we have not answered!

Not one bad word, this means the world to us, you guys keep us going!

We are working on VEmpire since more than 4 years so we see no need to rush things at the end!
    We have the app ready for release and could press the 'Release this version' button immediately, but we will not do it. Why?
    There are some issues we've to fix, some you have reported, we can not fix all issues, but we are looking for the things we can improve within an acceptable time-span.

We want to bring you the best we can, and we can a little better, but please consider, we are not blizzard and therefore are limited in our possibilities, but we are trying our best.

Anyway, if the game is released, we will bring permanent improvements in updates continuously, this is self-evident for us!
    (Look at the update cycles on steam, you will improve from this updates also!)

If someone will have a problem with the app at any time, drop us a mail, and you can be sure, you will not be alone in the rain, not with us.

I guess, we need one more week, you'll be notified here!

Thanks for your understanding,
    yours wolfgang!

10. 0026879

0026879 Cancelled

Mar 26, 2016
    Sent an email!, cant wait !