Universal Vectros [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jan 16, 2013.

1. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Maybe that's the reason they dropped it to a buck : (
    I definitely had a good time playing it though.
    In the end, it was definitely much shorter than I had hoped.

2. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    #42 9x16, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    To clarify, over in "Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals" both caanerud and VOGamer indicated that the game didn't work on their iPad Air 2's with iOS 9. But VOGamer said that it worked on his iPhone 5s with iOS 9. I'll add that it runs fine on an iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.0.2.

I agree that the game is very short. Too bad the promised update that was to add to the original five levels never came to pass. So much for the "asteroids to dodge, capital ships, and a requisite core" I referenced in my last post. It might have also addressed the game's balance: while I think the game's controls are responsive and fluid, the shooting aspect itself is kind of blah - without impact or much need for tactics. The absurd 15 homing shots you're provided (with plentiful opportunities for more) seems like a last minute patch.

In case I'm sounding too negative though, I plan on keeping this game on my iPhone, just to try perfecting the stages without homing shots and to dodge the shutters in Stage 3 - maybe someone will take this last bit and make a kicking racing game out of it.

3. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    So, there is the tiniest smidgen that this game is not dead yet. The price went back up to $4.99 two days age. Also, the game's homepage was updated on October 5th, ostensibly to add a language switch; it also references two new F2P games released in the US on September 19th, untranslated (!) but regrettably with US (not Japanese) ads. One, Zombie Tokyo is actually fairly entertaining, with most of the checkpoints being ad enabled.