iPad Vector Tanks EXTREME! [by BlipTime Studios]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Devilishly Good, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Hah.... that's about .1 second more than I managed to achieve on the same setting - brutal is a severe understatement - I was thinking more in terms of unrelentingly crushing? :rolleyes: I'm so in love with this game and the enhancements just seem to make it "more" in so many respects - thanks Bliptime!

I have just one small request - not about the gameplay but more so about getting access to the highscore and help screens. It seems like the only way to see these is to wait and let the menu change by itself after a short period of time - there's are no buttons to allow access :confused: I tried looking, couldn't see any... :cool:

Also, just a quick question - why is it that the first thing the menu screen shows is "game over" - is this a sign of things to (quickly) come?

2. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I always took that as a reference to the old arcade machines. They'd just display "Game Over" until the next player came in and pumped in a quarter.

3. ataloss

Ah. Okay. Good. Just thought it was the developers prediction of impending doom... It'd be interesting to see an extra column heading stating how long a player survived in each mode, I think I managed 32 seconds on "insane mode"... :p

4. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    My only gripe, and I'm not sure if it's legit at this point, is sometimes I will be hit very quickly at the beginning of a level. I'm playing the Classic and not the Extreme, but even so it seems sometimes I spawn right in front of a cannon and the cannon has already fired! It prob hasn't but it feels that way and that there is no avoiding it.

I don't recall the arcade version doing this -I don't remember 'cheap kills' although it's been many years. It is an issue given that the game is stingy with awarding additional tanks.

5. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Really liking the Extreme version of the game. It's a solid 'Visceral' shooter. I like what they did with the Trailer for the game. I watched it at my work desk with the sound turned down, it made me laugh lip-reading his reactions. Like the concept -put's you in the game. Clever. I'm not sure how well it will do on the back of Classic (which will stay at the lower price point). if this had come out on it's own I think It would have caused some big waves in the store. I'm not discounting the possibility that it could do well. I hope it does. :)

6. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    I just wish this had OpenFeint. Achievements and Leaderboards would add another ton of coolness to the coolness it already has...

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention. This game needs some love, people.

And I agree, leaderboards would make this already amazing game 10x better.

BTW, does anyone else keep expecting that voice to say "it's time to kick @$$ and chew bubble gum"? You know what I'm sayin.

8. ataloss

1.0.1 update

Well, that was quick ;)

Hearing the voice say "boom baby" just rocks... :D

9. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Awesome. I'm really glad though that you made Classic free for a short time for those of us who purchased it under the original publisher. All 3 versions of Vector tanks (Original, Classic, and Extreme) have a permanent home on my iPod. :)

10. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I love the Extreme game! It's pretty insane.

My only gripe is that there's no online leaderboards - games like this are practically MADE for highscoring-competition.

11. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    it does have online leaderboards. Just sit on the home screen and don't touch anything. It will show up like an old school arcade machine. And I agree this game is f'in amazing. Top 5 for me. I love it.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #32 drelbs, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    EDIT: OK it's free now, ID 10T error... ;)

13. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I just wouldn't name it VectorTanks2 below the icon.
    It's VectorTanks or VectorTanksE :) much better...

14. Manny7

Manny7 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Great game 5 stars all it need real leaderboards like OF an online play

15. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Oh, really? I didn't notice. I guess I was too entranced by its extremeness to bother sitting on the main screen. :p

16. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Wow, i loved the classic version (or whatever the chillingo one is called), but this extreme iteration is amazing.

After a few minutes of control practice, it is an absolute blast.

OF or plus+ would be fantastic addition.

17. ataloss

Okay. I love this game and it is sooo much better than the original - can't say exactly why, but it just seems like so much more...
    I found the perfect soundtrack to play with... "Risotto" by Fluke ... just thought I had to say that...

...anyway, game on! :D

Couldn't agree more! Hope the developer implements one of these...

18. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    [My 2nd post on this thread]
    O.K. I'm going to say it. BUY IT. Buy it. I have put some quality time into this game now and it's gone up yet another notch in my estimation. If the dev's can squeeze a multiplayer mode of any description into this game it will ABSOLOUTELY kick ass in the app store. Anyway, this is a genuine page one App and I think the best drop in and play scorefest I have paid for in the store...

19. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

I agree. I will pick it up if it's updated with OF or Plus+ ...etc

20. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    I'm at almost the opposite extreme, I don't care a flip about the 'social networks', and wish they would all merge then go away. He has high scores, which is what is needed for an arcade game.