Universal Vector Fury (By Alex GOrcea)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 9, 2016.

1. magicmikezero

magicmikezero Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    #21 magicmikezero, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Great 80's style

Love the style you guys went with. Please move the stop button to the top of the screen though I keep accidentally exiting the game :-(
    Awesome lil game other than that. Keep adding to it. My best is 4123M so far. I keep crashing on the blue section with the extra wide blocks. Lol. Is that as far as you made it for the player to get so far?
    -update-
    Actually just got past that point!! Just got to place yourself in a good position ahead of time and the blue block ends up being a tunnel like spot. Way cool game!!! Gets tough when the walls start moving. 7567M is my new best!
    Is their not a leader board yet? I'd like to see how my lame score stacks up against the world. Also would be nice to see Icade support :)

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow. I haven't even come close to that lol. You suck!

I always get caught up on the small towers.

Billy

3. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    It's tough at first
    Try small taps. U can squeeze through some tight spots.

4. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    How come I can't add/attach photos to the forum? It just says add image and I select it but then a cancel button pops up.
    I wanted to post my score since they don't have leaderboards yet.

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It has something to do with iOS 9 and the TA app. I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6 with iOS 9 and never had the issue before. The problem is TA cannot update their app due to some weird rule Apple added. If they updated the app it wouldn't be approved. So you have to use your pc and a web browser to attach pictures to posts.

Billy

6. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    Thanks for the info Billy

7. ICOfanboy

ICOfanboy New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    I made a video discussing this game a bit and share a few suggestions to the developer. Hope it gets patched I'm loving it so far!

8. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    #28 magicmikezero, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Nice review up there

Nice review and suggestions^^^. I think the game is awesome too. I love the filter. I'm hoping for Icade support. It already reminds me of an old arcade game so why not add the arcade experience?
    I think the controls are supposed to be stiff. It is part of looking ahead to set yourself up in a good position to squeeze through the walls. I think it is part of the challenge, because if they were any looser we'd be killing it. 9286m is my best as of now. If I could move faster, I'd be dodging the green walls with ease. Again, guess it's part of the challenge of looking way ahead and getting into position.
    I didn't realize the purple blocks were glitchy. I thought i was just that good and They just weren't hitting my "hit box"
    Maybe the purple blocks are meant as distracting obstacles instead of dodging ones. Kind of like fog or something. Who knows.

I think it'd also be sweet to add some kind of ships and when they get in your path perhaps your plane would auto fire and blast them. :)
    I love this and it reminds me of after burner a little bit.
    Hope the devs listen to our ideas . :) great potential here.

9. 1913Studios

1913Studios Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Thanks, everyone.

We've just submitted the update to the AppStore, and we're waiting for approval. This update fixes collision issues, control issues and adds GameCenter support (leaderboards), as well as new music!

- Alex

10. ICOfanboy

ICOfanboy New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Awesome can't wait for this update, it addresses so many of our suggestions, looking forward to the new music especially! I will also add annotations to my video to update anyone who watches it after the update is live.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Excellent! Will you guys be able to add an in app purchase so I can pay to remove the ads? Will that be feasible? I actually want to give you money hehe

Billy

12. 1913Studios

1913Studios Member

Feb 15, 2016
    We've completely removed the ads, and added a $0.99 price tag. :)

- Alex

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Sweet! I will be purchasing that as soon as the game updates and I see that button! That's awesome! Thank you for incorporating feedback!

Billy

14. 1913Studios

1913Studios Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Thanks very much for the video review. It was our first, so it was a touching moment. :)

- Alex

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I missed this post! I watched the video and I absolutely agree with everything you said. Except add combat! Hehe. I subscribed
    To your channel. Nicely done video my friend.

Billy

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I have the update,

I'm confused! Where do I pay? I can't find anywhere to send you guys money? Also I'm still crashing to the main screen. Same as before. I thought it had to do with the ads by I guess not since I don't even see any ads. I will start playing and a second or two in BAM I'm at the main screen again.

The game is definitely more responsive!

Just help me to pay you rofl!

Billy

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

There's no IAP, they switched the game from free to 99¢. But you already owned it so there's no way to "buy" it again for the 99¢ price. I'd say your best way to give them something is to just spread the word about it, which is arguably more valuable than the ~66¢ they'd be getting from you buying the game :)

18. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    I can't seem to place in the leaderboards, even though I am putting up a top 2 score?

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Damn. It makes sense. Thank you. Well I really wanted to give them some money. I guess instead I will post the link to my Twitter feed.

Devs you really upset me by not letting me pay you. Lol Maybe down the road you can add a dlc :)

Billy

20. 1913Studios

1913Studios Member

Feb 15, 2016
    I don't know what to tell you man, it's working for a lot of people. Send us a line at [email protected], and we'll work it out.

@LordShad0wz: Thanks so much for your support! We really really appreciate it!

Thanks to everybody for your kind words and support, it really means a lot to us, this being our first game and all. :)

EDIT: We know that many people maybe can't afford it, so check out our Twitter feed, we'll be posting some promo codes for Vector Fury soon!

- Alex