iPad Vector Ball $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BlueGenome, Oct 19, 2008.

1. BlueGenome

BlueGenome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
  2. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    I always thought this game looked interesting but wondered about playing it face up all the time. The developer should implement the same method Labyrinth uses so you can play at an angle.

3. Julinar

Julinar New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Vector Ball calibration

You can play Vector Ball from nearly any angle you want. There is an in-game calibration system and also one in the game options menu.

2.1 has also introduced touch-controls, so you have that option too.

Check it out, for $0.99, its well worth it.

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    This just dropped back down to 99 cents again.

5. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    how does the control system work?

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    #6 Carlos-Sz, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    Great game indeed. It's better than I thought it would be.

You can control by touching (easier IMO) which means you can also play it in any angle.

$0.99... Get it! :)

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I agree 100%. I just tried it out and while it takes a little to adjust to the movement of the ball it is recommended that you adjust the controls. Definitely worth 99 cents.

8. isimon1207

isimon1207 Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    great flippin game. this is probably my most played game just cause its so easy to pick up and play. The online high score system really made the replay value huge. If you liked the flash game curveball you will like this.

9. gootch12

gootch12 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    The title of my app store review for this game was something like GREAT GREAT GREAT GAME. All caps. I was into it.

It's a really great game.

I should say tho, that I preferred it before the 2.0 update.

I like the new colors that were introduced and the shadows were a welcome addition. And clearly touch control should definitely be an option, so it's good they included that.

But the screen was less cluttered and I preferred the sounds the way they were before the update. More organic, less tinny.

The old sound fx should be an option (they were SO much better). My friend and I used to play two-player on a local network and it was so so so fun (the game is PERFECT for two-player). FIRST thing she said when she launched the new version was "Awww, why'd they change the sounds!"

And they should get the display (while playing) back to being as minimal as possible. If you never played it like that, I can see it might be hard to imagine that it would be any better without those little icons along the bottom and info up top. But it is better without them.

It IS still great...but maybe not all caps.

10. hyp

hyp Member

Jan 15, 2009
    just wanted to chime in and say that this game is pretty awesome. i saw the price drop today and picked it up. definitely worth the 99 cents. gameplay wise, just imagine pong in first person perspective.