iPad Vay help

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ldkaplan, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Anyone playing Vay?

I feel like a dope...I can't get out of the darn castle!

2. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    As soon as you gain control of the main character at the beginning of the game (when the little instruction thing pops up), move two spots to the left (to the center of the red carpet) and then head STRAIGHT down.

3. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Thanks! After getting over the 'doh!' feeling, I was able to enjoy the game.

4. mikeadams

mikeadams Member

Jul 28, 2008
    professional tattooist
    pittsburgh
    it was waaaay easier than i made it out to be. i was walking around that place forever. now i can enjoy my fun ipod rpg :)

5. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    #5 D.Sync, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    Sorry to bring out this old topic but I have a question in mind before I purchase it. Is there any brief stats that displayed for every weapons, armors and items in the shop? I have heard people saying that they often ends up buying a weapon that are more weaker than the one they are holding.

A review from a user from GameFAQ

6. que_pasa

que_pasa Member

Nov 16, 2008
    the first update solved that problem. u see all the stats before buying.

7. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Can we see details like how many improvement for the weapon over the current one before we buy?

I'm thinking of buying it if it offer such features. Wouldn't want to load the game just to find out whether my stat will improve after buying it. BTW I already owned Arvale so do you think it is worth getting this? I meant, will it be too late for me to play this game, considering it had been out for quite a while now.

8. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England

Hi, this game is worth it. To answer your question, you can view the stats of your weapons/armor from an in game menu. Is Arvale good? The virtual D-pad and cartoon graphics put me off :(

9. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Except the sense of humor in Arvale. :p

10. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Also someone had posted here saying that the game play is relatively easy to beat at normal difficulty. Wonder is that true? Should I start with Hard mode instead? :confused:

11. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Um, Im not sure, the first boss guy is a surprise, so you learn to get high leveled before you fight anything else. Maybe try it with increased difficulty if you want a hard challenge. But I never had any problems on default. Although I did only die once, so maybe it was easy. :)

Also you say Arvale is funny, but will the d pad and graphics make it a bad experience?

12. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Hard mode is the original difficulty from the Sega CD version. SoMoGa added a normal difficulty so the game was more playable by the casual gamer.

With hard mode, expect a lot more random encounters, sometimes not even moving more than 1-3 footsteps.

I'd recommend hard mode personally.

13. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Nope. It's more convenient actually. You basically enter your command by using only the tap from your right hand instead of tapping everywhere to walk.

14. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Cool, have added it to my "to buy" list. Can't buy now as I got Marble Maze Ultra and Virtual Villagers today :)

15. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    It's a purchase you won't regret considering the amount of humor you'll get from the dialog. :p