iPad Vay Help and Information

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tizzyler03, Jul 29, 2008.

1. tizzyler03

tizzyler03 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm stuck at Smythe Village. I went to Fort de Bay and Pottle told me to use a secret tunnel in Smythe Village. I searched everywhere in Smythe Village and found no secret tunnel. Where is this secret tunel?!?!

2. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    It's in the graveyard, but you need to talk to the blacksmith first.

3. tizzyler03

#3 tizzyler03, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
    Thank you! I hope this thread is a place where people with questions about this game can ask them.

4. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    Vay is a port of a Sega CD game, so if you get stuck you can find a walkthrough for it on gamefaqs.com. I was stuck at the graveyard as well, and the guide i looked up seemed to be ok. I don't think much of anything was changed from the original version, so the guide should still be accurate.

5. tizzyler03

I tried the walkthrough at this site and it just confused me even more! Nothing seemed right and it appeared to me to be way out of order. Oh well...hopefully my questions can be answered here.

6. tizzyler03

Ok now I'm stuck in Kuraya Town and the Cliffside Fortress. I get blocked off at the cave by guards...what do I have to do!?!?!

7. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    There is another town to the east of the cave. You need to complete tasks there first before you can get past the guards.

8. txa1265

txa1265 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Yep - in general, if you can't go forward, go back and talk to more people ... that is generally the answer.

9. tizzyler03

Thanks for all your help everyone!

10. tizzyler03

I'm at Horo VIllage and I already went through the Danek Castle, and found no bosses or such. I did find all the god and godly armor stuff tho. I can't figure out where I go/what I do next?

Did I miss a whole section in the Danek Castle? Where should I go??

11. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Only two things happen there:
    1) A big conversation with two cutscenes
    2) You board a big airship to take you to the final dungeon

Both of these things are in different parts of the castle.

12. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
  13. tizzyler03

Now I'm in the flying fortress at the are where there are a bunch of rooms and when you go in and out if them they change where you go. Which door do I pick??

14. Brandonzar

Brandonzar Member

Jul 15, 2008
    #14 Brandonzar, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    Alright I'm on the final level trying to find sadoul, but I can't find any way out of the big green room with all of the smaller rooms and the healing/teleporting spots. I tried following the online walkthrough but it seems to not coincide with this level.

Edit: Never mind I figured it out, the walkthrough was right, just difficult to understand.

15. soulman

soulman New Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Ive tried to otto in the caves but I get to the stairs where the wlakthrough says you have to go but its blocked with rocks and it wont let you use the explosive jellyfish. How do you get to him, and what do you do in the graveyard to get the secret passage?

Thanks!!!

16. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    You can't get rid of those rocks. If the path is blocked, go a different route. (You basically have to go the long way.)

1. Get Pottle in your party (see above)
    2. Go to the Fort, and he'll say something about a secret passage
    3. Talk to the Blacksmith in the closest town
    4. Tap on the gravestones

17. ipodtouchfan6

ipodtouchfan6 New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I just bought vay and i love it. I've made it to kywan village and i've made it through the caves and to the tower with the elf (Or whatever it is) in it. What do i do after that? When i talk to the elf all she'll do is send me back to the village

18. ipodtouchfan6

ipodtouchfan6 New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I figured that out, but how to you beat the next thing? I have searched the whole cave so what do i do now? anyone i need to talk to?

19. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    There's a particular person you need to talk to in Kywan village before you can proceed. I think it was a shopowner or a barkeep.

Once you do that, there should be an event in the cave to the north, and the Sylph will offer to send you to the island.

20. ipodtouchfan6

ipodtouchfan6 New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    yeah i figured that out, but once i get to the island what do i do? I've searched through the cave and cant find anything except that one room with the door that you cant get to