Universal Vanquisher (by jin shan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    For those that don't like dual stick shooters, you can set the gun to auto-aim in the settings ##

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang I would try this but its like 600 mb so I will have to wait till after work for wifi at home.

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Odd, it lists US$0.99 here but US$4.99 in HK store...

4. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    I dont know how i missed this - nice find! Im totally using this as im so bad at these types of games normally.

5. lightasammo

lightasammo Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Played this a bit last night and beat all of sector 1. This afternoon I opened it up and all the weapons I unlocked are there but unequipped and all the stages I beat are reset and I have to start over. My skill points also reset. Interesting. There is an iCloud sync but only to overwrite the local save data not to force an upload so not sure how it saves or syncs on its own. Just be aware if you're playing. I'm on iOS 10 7plus.

Aside from this the game has been really nice. The translation could be a tad better but not a game breaker. The in game currencies are given out very generously as well.

6. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Wow, this game surprised me. It's really fun and def worth the .99 tag. The movement and aiming works well, graphics are good, and currency earned seems fair so far.

Can anyone tell me if they've stumbled upon any "secrets?
    Also is gold the only thing you get from chests?
    Lastly, is there anyway to track your exp during a mission? I haven't seen any indicator that I've leveled up or how close I am to the next level during a mission.

Thanks

7. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    I havent really found 'secrets' per say, but if you are ever curious about if something can be interacted with, just walk up to it; if the hand shows up you'll know you can. So aside from chests, there are small blue-ish/purple-ish boxes you can find that will drop gems. There are also ladders you can climb here and there which usually lead to more chests and boxes.

Lastly, you can pause the game at any point to see the map for the level. Its quite handy for finding areas that are tucked away and may have extra loot. I've never saw anything drop beyond gold or gems though....hopefully items for cores will drop later or something!

8. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    And not available in Germany. :(

9. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Awesome, thanks for the informative answer! Didn't know about the map, that helps a lot!

10. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    I also just found this out - sector 3 is where you can get materials for making core pieces. When you are looking at the mission screen that has your character next to it and the sector you are on, swipe left on sector 1 twice. You will see sector 2 pass (since you need to clear sector 1 to go there), then it will show sector 3. This sector should be open; not sure if its open right away or after a little bit of play, but it should be pretty early.

This sector is just straight up boss battles so its a lot of fun, but might be a bit challenging when just starting out since each boss has a good amount of health. I finished sector 1 complete (1 star) before hitting this sector so i had some decent stuff. But overall skill will likely prevail.

Kinda weird that they 'hide' sector 3; maybe they dont want new players to just jump into it? I had no idea how to get core materials so this was a nice find.

I also plan to unlock all guns/armor and review them when I am far enough in. I cant imagine it taking too long since the game isnt all that difficult, but we will see.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Still not out in Germany. Dev name ist listed now and showing, but game isn't.

12. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Anyone know if it has controller support?

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Friggin heck!
    $10 AUD.
    What a joke.

14. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Real odd 79p on UK store $8.99 on NZ store. So got UK version!

Worst part, no MFI support, inexcusable with a twin stick shooter today!

15. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    The UK version is now £4.49

Won't be paying that

16. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Just tested. no it doesnt but wow what a steal for .99. Going back and forth with this and Smashing the Battle. Love them both.

17. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    #37 boydstr, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Vanquisher

For some strange reason I being directed to a blank page where only the name from the developer is shown on top Jin Shan and can't download the game i am living in the Netherlands.p.s i am not surprised that after the great reviews and comments about the cheap price they rethinking the price

18. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    $5.99 on the US AppStore now

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    It just seems strange for a game to be well received and then shoot up in price......5x in fact

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I'd have to agree. They did it really quickly.

Just a guess but maybe they saw their data that the game was selling really well and decided to quickly increase the price to try and get more early money.