Universal Vandals (by Cosmografik/ARTE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 11, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #1 nyanpass, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018

Vandals

ARTE Experience
    Vandals is an infiltration game that will transport you to the most emblematic cities of street art. In this turn-based …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Vandals is an infiltration game that will transport you to the most emblematic cities of street art. In this turn-based game, the goal is to sneak around police surveillance and spray walls that grow harder and harder to access. From Paris to Tokyo, via São Paulo, Berlin and New York, follow in the wake of ultra-famous street artists like Blek Le Rat and Keith Haring. With Vandals, you can bomb your alias on the walls of New York like Lady Pink, paint childlike characters like Keith Haring, or get inspired by the poems of Miss.Tic and write your own. After Type:Rider, Vandals is the new project by Cosmografik. It's a video game published and co-produced by ARTE - the European cultural TV and digital channel - and Ex Nihilo. Developed in partnership with Novelab. It is easy to learn, and the puzzles promise hours of immersion and pleasure. • Share your most awesome creations on social networks • Rock to the rhythm of an original soundtrack: headphones recommended! • Play in portrait or landscape mode. Left-handed / right-handed option The game includes: • 60 puzzles to solve • 5 cities with original graphical worlds • 40 backgrounders on the evolution of streetart since the 1960s
    Information
    Seller:ARTE Experience
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Apr 12, 2018
    Updated:Sep 06, 2018
    Version:1.1.4
    Size:298.2 MB
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

https://itunes.apple.com/app/vandals/id1341831522

2. Arte

Arte Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Digital productions
    #2 Arte, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Vandals (by Cosmografik & ARTE)

Hi everyone! :D
    Our Sneak and Paint puzzle game Vandals hits the stores tomorrow, 12th April 2018! ​

You can watch the teaser now:

Available on the Appstore: https://apple.co/2ED2Nre

After 2 years of development, we are proud to present our new turn-based game inspired by Street art! In this infiltration game for smartphone and PC/Mac, you will need to sneak police, cameras, and dogs and discover the urban culture through the most iconic street art cities including Paris, New York, Berlin, Tokyo and Sao Paulo! For the most aspiring artists our game will give you 40 backgrounders on the evolution of street art since 1960s that will help you to create your own graffiti. Once you successfully snuck past police, our game will allows you to share your masterpieces on social networks with your friends! Vandals encourages you to consider each possibility and carefully plan your next move to collect all available bonuses across 60 increasingly challenging levels!

Vandals is created by the French indie developer Cosmografik whose previous game, Type:Rider earned highly positive reviews!

Created in 1992, ARTE is a public service cultural European channel and a digital network with a focus on creation and innovation. In the last decade, ARTE has co-produced a number of major interactive works, including the games Type:Rider, Californium, SENS VR and Bury me, my Love.

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Thanks for uploading your video quickly. That is really cool! Maybe not Go series, but it's like the most advanced Go series. :D

5. lightasammo

lightasammo Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    iPhone x support!?

6. Kimli

Kimli New Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    Technical Wordsmith
    Vancouver, BC
    !!

Jet Set Radio: Go. Love it. Looking forward to sneaking and being terrible at art.

7. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    no, thanks to you for your hard work finding all the cool games every weeks :).

big yes :)

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Double R and Nyanpass, both of you spending my money!!! Haha! Thanks for both of you for all your help!

9. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    how's the difficulty in this? i like challenge in my puzzle games.

10. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    hahaha, i think that applied to all of us :D. my backlog list is getting fatter by day and still counting :D

I would say challenging rather than difficult. typical GO series.

11. Arte

Arte Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Digital productions
    #11 Arte, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    VANDALS NOW AVAILABLE for iOs, Android, PC/Mac!

Hi everyone !

Vandals is now available to download one the store! Let’s watch our release trailer and discover new features of the game! Enjoy! :D

Official release Trailer 2018

▶︎ iTunes Store :

Vandals

ARTE Experience
    Vandals is an infiltration game that will transport you to the most emblematic cities of street art. In this turn-based …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Vandals is an infiltration game that will transport you to the most emblematic cities of street art. In this turn-based game, the goal is to sneak around police surveillance and spray walls that grow harder and harder to access. From Paris to Tokyo, via São Paulo, Berlin and New York, follow in the wake of ultra-famous street artists like Blek Le Rat and Keith Haring. With Vandals, you can bomb your alias on the walls of New York like Lady Pink, paint childlike characters like Keith Haring, or get inspired by the poems of Miss.Tic and write your own. After Type:Rider, Vandals is the new project by Cosmografik. It's a video game published and co-produced by ARTE - the European cultural TV and digital channel - and Ex Nihilo. Developed in partnership with Novelab. It is easy to learn, and the puzzles promise hours of immersion and pleasure. • Share your most awesome creations on social networks • Rock to the rhythm of an original soundtrack: headphones recommended! • Play in portrait or landscape mode. Left-handed / right-handed option The game includes: • 60 puzzles to solve • 5 cities with original graphical worlds • 40 backgrounders on the evolution of streetart since the 1960s
    Information
    Seller:ARTE Experience
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Apr 12, 2018
    Updated:Sep 06, 2018
    Version:1.1.4
    Size:298.2 MB
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

▶︎ Google PlayStore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
    ▶︎ Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/809...

More informations on the official website: http://vandals.arte.tv/

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Hi Arte,

I pre-ordered game and everything loaded just fine## Air 2 128 Gig IOS 11.0

A reviewer on the App Store gave 3 stars because of a crash on the pro and lack of achievements registering. (If you could look into into this b4 App Store feature)

I played for 5 min last night and was quite impressed by the level of polish you put into this game! Wonderful atmosphere too...

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    After ten minutes or so - this is basically Graffiti Go, right?

As in, gameplay highly reminiscent of Lara Croft Go (&c.), only with a graffiti edge.

(Must say, as someone with zero artistic talent, asking me to freestyle my own graffiti in broad brush strokes is not the most awesome of gameplay additions - more of an irksome pause than a gameplay bonus. Perhaps this is more targeted at people with a specific interest in graffiti, mind!)

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Alas, game crashes on my iPad running iOS 10.x. The game runs and loads the opening level and then crashes to the springboard. :(

15. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    agreed. i thought the graffiti was too gimmicky and added literally nothing to the gameplay.

but i guess that considering the authors of the game come from the "culture artsy" world, they wanted to tack on a pseudo-artsy mechanic that also differentiates the game from its inspirations.

i think the game is a very hard pass for me.

16. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Got a great write up 8/10 on the second best site for iOS.

17. Arte

Arte Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Digital productions
    Hi redribbon!

Thank you so much for your Wallthrough and your supports!
    Hope you liked our new game!

ARTE team

18. Arte

Arte Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Digital productions
    Hi y2kmp3,
    Than you for your feedback! Our developer team is doing all the best to fix this problem!

ARTE Team

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I’m sure this is a great game for those who like Go type puzzles. And I should have looked more closely before DLing.

Loved the aesthetic, found the gameplay too slow for my liking, and the need to make my own graffiti got on my wick. Refunded / deleted.

But, like I say, largely my fault for leaping without looking at that most wondrous of rarities (an aesthetically pleasing, premium game. Feels like there’s been a dearth of those recently!)

20. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I’ve heard there is no undo button. This game looks promising and interesting but I will most likely wait for an update where an undo button will hopefully be implemented.