Universal Vampire Ventures by Clockwork Pixels [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Clockwork Pixels, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Clockwork Pixels

Clockwork Pixels Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Hello,

Thanks everyone for the great feedback ... I believe this is the only exposure the iOS/Android version has so far, so it's very much appreciated ... I've added some of your quotes to the app's description :)

I believe you may have been my very first Android customer ... thank you!

There are matching sounds (different ones depending on the tile set). I think the problem is that I don't like repetitive sounds in games and so I've turned them right down (I tend to use headphones on which they're more noticeable). They are very quiet though, so I'll take a look into it for the next update.

The Android version was developed on a Nexus 7, it's a really nice screen size for games. Smaller screen devices (including iPhone, iPod) use different levels to try keep the tiles usable (larger devices like the iPad use the PC/Mac levels).

Thanks for that ... I need a bit of a break after Vampire Ventures, but I am planning to release it soon.

Well, I'm off to pester some reviewers ;)
    George

2. Stustaff

Stustaff Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Hi
    So if I play on iPad and iPhone will I see different levels?

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    :) An absolute pleasure. I believe I may have also been the first official Clockwork Pixels fanboy too. :p

4. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #24 dclose, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    Emphasis on the "boy" part! ;) I'm claiming first official Clockwork Pixels fangirl! :D

As for the game, it's fantastic! I usually play with the sound off, but even so I tried this with the sound on and I agree that the matching effects need to have more "oomph", even if they're repetitive. Oomph and sparkle just go with match-3 like peanut butter and jam! :)

5. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    You should do ... the first few levels will just be repositioned/scaled slightly, but later levels will have smaller grids on the iPhone (allowing for larger tiles). There's not a lot in it though, I wouldn't say the game was easier on iPhone. The same thing happened on the sanctuary games.

6. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    Thanks I'm going to get this now.
    Loved the mechanic and gameplay previously but subject matter and style didn't quite click for me.

7. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    Yup it's good!

Agree on sounds though, give me some loud clacks and bongs as things get matched please.

8. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Yay, thank you both ... it's always great to hear from you when posting here, I think it's a tradition now!? I'm working on some non-match-3 games at the moment, so hopefully see you here for the next one : )

All the best,
    George

9. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Totally love this. Found I was going through levels too quickly, turned on "tricky" mode and it's a perfect fit. I was looking at the achievements for the game and one mentions filling "expert goals" for each level - I'm not sure I know what that means, I haven't seen any mention of expert goals in gameplay (currently just got to the Blasted Sands area).

10. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just used the last $2 on my iTunes account to get this and must say that I am quite impressed. Probably my favorite match 3 game and I've only played the first 8 levels or so.

11. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks for your purchase! I must admit I'm not a massive vampire fan myself, but I think the game has a Scooby Doo kind of vibe so it's family friendly (I have young kids, so that's important for me) :)

The expert goals are time based. If you complete a level before the moon sets you're awarded an expert star and there's an achievement for gaining an expert rating on all levels.

Gaining expert stars on tricky mode can be difficult, so just in case you get stuck ... you can change the game's difficulty between levels from the options menu via the main menu (so there's no need to restart the game).

Thanks,
    George

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The game looks nice. Thanks for your heads up.

13. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Playing Vampire Ventures while waiting for Trick'r'Treat'rs! What could be more perfect?! :)

14. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Our daughter just came back with a bucket full of sweets ... and she's in a good mood so she's sharing (written after three lolly pops and snickers)!

Happy Halloween : )
    George

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    One little problem I ran into when playing this while waiting for the doorbell to ring, was that if the interruption came in the middle of a regular level, then it was no big deal to quickly drop what I was doing and just let the level sit there, timer be damned. Oh well, lose a point or two on the leaderboards, no big deal.

But if the interruption came during a battle, then suddenly I was hunting around for a pause button and couldn't find it! I eventually figured out that I needed to hit "menu", but that really wasn't intuitive. I got way behind in a battle before I figured that out. Oops!

16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for making the 64bit version. #
    The article here about you updating all your games for 64bit was where I saw your game for the first time.
    I tried the Lite version and really liked it so I got the full version. #