Universal Vampire Survivors (by Poncle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Dec 8, 2022.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Okay, for the benefit of anyone else still playing and confused by the coin/chicken upgrade thing, it's because you've filled all weapon and passive ability slots AND maxed all of those items out (you can see their max rank when hitting pause or at the top of the screen when you get an upgrade). You can't evolve a weapon unless you have the passive that goes with it. Once you've figured out the weapon/passive combination it'll show on the upgrade screen for the relevant passive item (that it will evo a weapon you have).

Bit of a spoiler, but all the combos are listed here.

Game makes much more sense to me now!

2. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Oh, didn’t realise you just weren’t getting those combos, thought it was a glitch. Did you just not have the Ars Arcana yet?

3. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Oh yeah. I knew it was something painfully obvious to more experienced players. So this was for us noobs!

4. BlackRedWhite

BlackRedWhite Member

Jun 28, 2020
    Male
    Cool game. Perfect for quick play in the bus :)
    Waiting for more :)

5. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    DLC update just hit! I finally get to throw at least a tiny bit of money at the dev!

6. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Is the DLC menu blank for anyone else? I was so excited to see it, but when I click in nothing populates. I’m in the eastern US. Wonder if it’s rolling out regionally?

7. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I'm EDT as well and it worked fine for me. It is blank now that I purchased the DLC though.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Turn off your ad-blocker. :p

EDIT: And keep it off to play the DLC.

9. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Interesting. I’m quite fond of my ad-blocker, so I can’t see myself disabling it permanently. It allows me to whitelist sites, but not apps unfortunately. I’ll spend the $1 to unlock the DLC because it’s a great game and I’ve bought it (and the DLC) on Steam and Xbox too.

Just not sure how much I’ll play on my phone if it’s constantly requiring to fiddle with my ad blocking app. Shame, because this is definitely my preferred platform for Vampire Survivors.

10. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Holding off on updated for the DLC. People reporting it being blank, having to turn off ad blocker. Seems like a glitch.

11. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    My browser (Opera GX) has an ad-blocker in app, so I get the best of both worlds! Haven’t bought this yet, but will very soon. Played a bit on PC, but I’m just not a huge fan on that platform for some reason, so only got to the second character and third weapon, so hyped to see the rest on here!

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  13. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    So, buying the DLC disables ads but you have to have Adblock turned off to use the DLC? What!?

Uhhh, I realize the game is free and all, but is anyone else uncomfortable with an app that’s got like every privacy flag listed in the store now requiring Adblock to be turned off to function properly? Is that even allowed in the AppStore submission rules? Shady freaking stuff, folks!

14. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    #134 Alex DeLargest, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    iOS review and submission guidelines:

• 2.4.4 Apps should never suggest or require a restart of the device or modifications to system settings unrelated to the core functionality of the app. For example, don’t encourage users to turn off Wi-Fi, disable security features, etc.
    • 3.2.2 Unacceptable (vi) Apps should allow a user to get what they’ve paid for without performing additional tasks, such as posting on social media, uploading contacts, checking in to the app a certain number of times, etc. Apps should not require users to rate the app, review the app, watch videos, download other apps, tap on advertisements, enable tracking, or take other similar actions in order to access functionality, content, use the app, or receive monetary or other compensation, including but not limited to gift cards and codes.

15. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Somebody on Reddit figured out that you can also whitelist the domain unity3d.com and that’ll work.

I do not appreciate the lack of transparency from the dev, and have reported it as a scam or fraud at the following link: https://reportaproblem.apple.com/

Bottom line is that minus clarification as to why this would be required when none of the thousands of other apps I have downloaded have required it, it must be assumed that this is incredibly lazy coding, or something untoward involving ad revenue or tracking.

16. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    buying DLC will still give you ads for revive and extra gold, etc correct?

17. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    For me the ads for revive and gold are still there...

18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Correct. There's just an option to turn that off. Not sure what that really achieves since it was always optional anyway. I guess it's just so that you don't even get the prompts.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There’s an option to turn it off now.

20. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Definitely understand your concern. I find it odd as well. I assumed it was to avoid some sort of pirating of the DLC, but that's a stretch.