Universal Vampire Survivors (by Poncle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Okay, I'm chiming in.

This is just absolutely wonderful. Been waiting for some time to play the original that spawned all of the (sometimes pretty decent) clones. 20 Minutes is grand, Demon Survival has a nice alternate take with the level based tasks, Survivor.io just about kept me interested. But this? This is just on a different level in my opinion.

The unlocks, the strategy, the moments of humour, the alternate paths and doorways - just so beautifully and elegantly put together. I subscribe to the side of the team that enjoys the 30 minute runs as I seem to keep finding new things all the time and they never feel too long - although they are in danger of sucking most of my time away at the moment!

At this stage I just can't fault it but I know at some point I'll have that burnout that people keep mentioning. Until that time comes and I've unlocked everything I can, I say bring it on :) A top class piece of work.

elcrazy and Anotherkellydown like this.
  2. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

It's definitely possible getting past the 30 minutes mark.

Ps: It was a 111 minutes and 11 seconds run, but it shows only 51:11. I quit the run, because I had become unbeatable. Next time, I won't enable some stuff to make runs more challenging.

Attached Files:

AltsKev likes this.
  3. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    There's 3 things I love about this game that put it far ahead of the copy cats:

1) The skills are far more interesting - diverse and the evolution feature is great
    2) The maps are well done, graphics are clean and clear, and the colors do a great job making sure you can see what's happening
    3) The hitboxes are perfect. All of the skills and monsters make the exact contact on the screen where you expect them to be. Too many of the other competitors are sloppy in this regarding and either your skills don't hit where they are supposed to or you can't dodge as accurately as you need to.

Simply a higher quality game, clearly a labor of love. Really happy to see it on IOS and I am going to completely re-unlock everything (already done on Steam).

sebgo likes this.
  4. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Whats with the "Curse" power up? That sounds terrible, why would I want that?

5. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    yes lol i don't know :/

someone know what do luck in this game ?

6. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    It serves a couple of purposes, including some unlocks locked behind beating things with curse modifiers, letting people enable extra challenge for themselves if they want it, or if they’re struggling to hit level requirements for certain unlocks. I also believe there is an item which increases curse, which is used in an evo, but I’m not sure about that.

It increase your chance of getting higher quality chests, floor items instead of coins and 4 upgrades at level up, instead of 3.

AltsKev likes this.
  7. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Another question. Whats with the coffin? I just die every time I try to get near it.

8. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    You need to kill all the guys who surround it. Then they unlock really great characters.

adin likes this.
  9. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Anyone know why I wasn’t able to level up my lighting ring this round? I wanted to have 6 weapons evolved and I could have but it wouldn’t let me get the full level for lighting ring.

Attached Files:

10. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    That sucks. I’ve genuinely never seen that tho. So weird. I know you can get 6 evolved weapons as you need to for Torrona’s Box. So sorry for you. Did you at least win the run?

11. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #71 elcrazy, Dec 19, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    Ya I won the run. Hit 30 mins. But I was trying to get Torronas box lol

update: I think I somehow must have banned it by accident.

12. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    How do i input spells?

13. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Is there *any* way to move a save game between devices?

14. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Isn’t know if it was a bug, but I had a 4 hour run where the reaper(s) couldn’t kill me.

I used the ‘random’ character (its a question mark) and had my luck at 140%. While I couldn’t level at all, it was quite amusing to have 50+ reapers trying to kill me.

15. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I am Death. I am destruction.

Attached Files:

16. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Unfortunately not. For now, the best you can do is catch up your other platforms with spells, but that doesn’t net achievements, so it’s not a great solution.

17. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    You haven’t even evolved the guns yet

18. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    It’s the second page of the secrets menu there is an ABC keyboard there. Press the ABC button to enable it.

19. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Tiragisu didn't show up as an option for a level up reward, and doesnt spawn as a stage item in the Inlaid Library.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Apropos of nothing, surely I can’t be the only person who constantly checks the App Store with the hope that an update containing an ad-removal IAP is released, right?