Universal Vampire Survivors (by Poncle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Dec 8, 2022.

1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Wow! I didn't know you can equip more than 6 items (or whatever they're called)!

Yeah, I remember the early access days where I'd unlock everything. Then a new update drops and I spend a couple hours unlocking the new items, experimenting with new items, and then wait for the next update. Real fun, but this was how I burnt out after too many updates. But can't complain about the amount of content!

2. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Wait nobody is complaining about no save if you kill the app and bug with ad ?

very strange ! for me the game is good but need a save progress !

i have lost 20 min game and gold because i stop playing for 4h... ( phone auto kill the app )

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Gameplay sessions are a maximum of 30 minutes. I’d also love a mid-game save feature when you kill the app, but it’s not game-killing. As for the ad bug, I’ve had it in several games lately (Shadowgun Legends, Clan N,…) and I think unfortunately it has to do with the ad deployment system, not the game itself. I ended up not watching ads because of this bug, because it ruined my runs (specially in Shadowgun Legends).

AltsKev likes this.
  4. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    It’s not. It’s very much a fast made cash grab on the concept. The only benefit is that it it is shorter than VS or 20MTD, but it has less enemies, more ads, slower and more annoying progression. It’s better than a lot of imitator games out there, but VS is 100% better

naghihimutuc and sebgo like this.
  5. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Tried looking at the wiki to see if there’s a way to stop playing so I can have a life only to discover that there are 41 unlockable characters.

Fourty-fucking-one.

That means almost as many new weapons to mess around with, not to mention their subsequent evolutions, new items, new maps, please help I need to work so I can eat

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  6. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I love this game. For me this is the best one of its kind. I had never played it till mobile. At first I thought 20 mins till Dawn was better but now I am not so sure. This may just be better. I also liked Grim Knight Heroes but something alway felt missing or slow. Now it clearly feels like a copy of this which just doesn’t capture the same gameplay feel.
    The amount of unlocks and surprises in this game is incredible. The variety in characters is so awesome. I love everything a about it. You feel so powerful at times. Love it. So fun.

I made a video. How do I post it here?

naghihimutuc likes this.
  7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If it’s on YouTube, you can just post the link.

8. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#48 sebgo, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022

My guess is you can unlock the first twenty-something characters and weapons/buffs that I think it has (I've unlocked 19 or so, and I don't think there are many more in this version, and it's also the first time I play the game), get a life, work a bit, make and save some money, forget about all that and then get back to surviving.

Not asking for guidance, just a Y/N answer ("Like" post for "Yes", I guess?), but,
    has anyone made it past the 31 minutes mark yet?

Thought so. I tend to avoid most games listed in AppStore's "what we're playing right now"

naghihimutuc likes this.
  9. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    No cloud save :( ?

adin likes this.
  10. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    If I play anymore I’ll be forced to play some sort of rl survival game without vampires
    Yeah, there are a lot to unlock. Appunwrapper even recently unlocked a legit cheat code thingamajig from an item they grabbed in one of the maps. A legit cheat code item just scattered in the realm (i think the map with the skellies).

Also, you can get past the 30 min mark?? but, BUT THAT REAPER GUY!

sebgo likes this.
  11. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    As soon as I tried Mortaccio I got a run going for very long.

i don’t get how you beat the guy who appeared at the end of that run though, he insta killed me …

VirtualBoyFreak and sebgo like this.
  12. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

There's plenty of stuff to unlock. So, we'll eventually learn how to cheat Death.

13. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    To everyone above here, you can’t cheat Death. That’s not the point. His appearance signals that you beat the stage.

sebgo likes this.
  14. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    That‘s actually wrong. There are ways to beat death. And there are ways to go far beyond the 30 mins. There is even a great reward/unlock for beating death. But I won‘t spoil how to do it. All I can suggest is to experiment with all the unlocked items and characters and you will find the solution.

sebgo and VirtualBoyFreak like this.
  15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I can think of one way with an unlocked feature, if you buy it, but I still have to test it…

Ghostdog1 likes this.
  16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I made it to 30 minutes and 3 seconds once. Does that count? Lol

sebgo, BlueTrin, Skall and 1 other person like this.
  17. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Oh are you saying that the thing that insta killed me is supposed to not be easily beatable and finish my run?

18. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Yeah. I believe it’s physically unbeatable. If you look on stage info, is says the time limit (usually 30 mins) and after getting killed by Death, you see Game Over, then Stage Completed, whilst normally it’s just Game Over.

BlueTrin likes this.
  19. Wall Jump Games

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Oh. It seems I have been proven wrong. I’m a relative noob to this game, so excuse for me. It is “supposed” to end your run however.

BlueTrin likes this.
  20. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #60 Ghostdog1, Dec 13, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    You don‘t need to excuse yourself, we all try our best to help each other on the TA-forum and that‘s what you tried to do.

I just beat death aka The Reaper on ios. So far i got 99 of 138 unlocks.
    This game is really put so well together. It took some time to find out how strategic the game is. For example the item ‚Attract-orb’ that you sometimes get from destroying stuff taught me that the xp-pickups stay forever on the ground. So once you run to the other end of the map and find an ‚Attract-orb’ you will get all xp from the whole map. This little detail changed my whole playstyle. And there are tons of such ideas in this game that keep on changing my playstyle through pure trying and learning.