Universal Valleys Between (by Little Lost Fox)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by StratAll, Aug 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Francis Stephens

Francis Stephens New Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Male
    Absolutely, this is something we will be pushing through in the next few updates :)

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I don’t know how to explain but I feel everything is confusing, I don’t understand what to do, why the animal won’t move even tho there is land to move and so on, I feel the tutorial isn’t clear enough, I think things aren’t clear enough. But the artwork is so appealing that I don’t want to give up.

3. Francis Stephens

Francis Stephens New Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Male
    Thanks for your persistence :)
    The land animal can only walk on unoccupied Grass and Flower tiles and moves any time you take an action.
    We are working towards making the game easier to learn which will be coming in future updates.

In the meantime, I know that Appunwrapper has done a fairly lengthy play through and explanation of the game which might be able to answer some of your questions.

lezrock likes this.
  4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    It’s very beautiful but I have to say I’m also in the “what’s going on?” camp!

I will certainly persevere as I’m sure there’s something great here.... I’m just not sure what it is.

djstout likes this.
  5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah it’s exactly that, there is something great here but we don’t know what it is ^^

6. RedDeluxe

RedDeluxe Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Westcoast
    This game is a beautiful mess.

I stopped playing because the goals and how to achieve them are so muddled. I see lots of others here feel the same way (and on ResetEra's monthly mobile's thread as well).

Did you do lots of playtesting prior to launch? I say this because I'm surprised playtesters didn't speak up and say "This is really confusing."

The art is great, the setting and themes are great, the overall pull up/down/out interaction is great. But (as I said) the core goals and how to achieve them are muddled at best.

If you put any analytics in your game I'd suspect you'd find a hard drop off in retention post FTUE/D1. It's a shame, the art and premise are so wonderful. Hopefully you could find time to tweak the gameplay.

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Can you turn off the bouncy animation? That’s a non-starter for me.