Universal VALKYRIE PROFILE: LENNETH (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 28, 2018.

1. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    can the control overlay hidden when playing with MFI controller?
    can you confirm if the MFI controller is usable during in game?i'm on the fence because of this
    playing without controller is not an option for me since i only own 12.9 ipad
    and it can be unwieldy when using virtual stick/control scheme

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry unfortunately I have no knowledge of that. I don't like using external controllers for my mobile games so I've never bought one. All my reviews are judged purely on touch controls. Hopefully someone else can answer your question :\

3. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    App info : Partial support for game controllers. But I do not know how it actually works...

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #44 nyanpass, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  5. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Regardless i caved in and bought it...
    I’ll post the answer to my own question when it’s finished downloading...

Sucks to work in a remote area, the wifi speed is slow as snail

leokamiya likes this.
  6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I hope you like it. The game is amazing. It's just the controls are kinda bad but you get somewhat used to it after 4 hours. It's possible by using a controller you won't have that problem.

I really need to email the devs or something.

7. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I never did play this one back in the PS1 days even though it was always on my wishlist. Pretty cool that there is an enhanced port on mobile now so I have a chance to go back and satisfy my regret of never playing it. Since there isn't much in the way of the tutorial, I decided to just dive in and I'm doing whatever I feel like. If I fail miserably, then I figure I can just start up a new game and then give it a more proper try. On chapter 2, loving it so far!

8. George Costea

George Costea Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Firefighter
    London
    The size it's above , at description of the game , Size:941.5 MB

9. mattdamon

mattdamon Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Freelancer
    Rimini
    Hi , the size seems too big to me , I have to delete more applications so I can install this game , you can not optimize the size, at least to make it 400-500mb ?

10. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    When it was PSP, Size was 600-700MB. It might be possible. But it will not be right now. Square Enix does maintenance updates on their games, but not often.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes I know that. If you download a lot of games like I do, you'll notice install size and what is listed on the app store is often different. But anyhow I already bought the game so I already know how big it is.

12. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Yeah i like it, played it on ps! Ages ago but never finished it, sadly it have not finished downloading damn....

Hmm... its hd sprite... 40 h gameplay.. 1 gig is very small imo

Better get it before the price back to normal, i can see this sold at 25$ or more if its released on switch

13. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, Android version of Google Play also requires 2GB of memory as a recommendation for this game. What @L.Lawliet meant may be asking for differences between APP description and reality. :>

btw, I am more familiar with Japanese voices. Like Google Play, I hope Square Enix will release Japanese ver in the US App Store. Or I'd like to be able to select it from an option. Or, if copyright is involved, it would be okay to implement it with an IAP. I am willing to purchase it. ;)

L.Lawliet likes this.
  14. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    For those who ask : what they mean by partial controller support ?

I have been using controller on my iPad for a while now.... basically heres a breakdown of things worth mention.

1 : Yes, the on screen buttons vanish when you use your controller, except the buttons to open the menu/skip scenes

2 : It only supports the game.... partially... The platforming sequences and overworld traveling can be done 100% with the controller. For the battles, you can attack with the characters using the 4 face buttons (like in the original) but if you open the menu to use items or magic (with R1 button) the menu that kicks in is touch screen only. Same goes for the party menu, its touch screen only.

At first i thought it was an hindrance but considering the UI was remade for touch I dont mind it, as long as platforming and timing-inputs can be done with my controller im okay managing party with touch screen...

And before I forget, it still remains one of the best JRPGs ever released, its daring, its different and it is fun. Its worth it even with controller support being a small bit weird.

jkluk23 and drmad like this.
  15. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I just tried the prologue...the English VA isnt good...im also willing to buy the jap VA if its available

Thanks man, i left my nimbus in my room...
    Now i know what will i jump into for tonight ;D

Oh yes .and the app is 1.01 gb on ipad pro 12.9

L.Lawliet likes this.
  16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I have to agree with you and Nyanpass. Japanese VAs please. I'm 99% sure it won't happen. Very rarely do SQE premium games get some super amazing update like FFT did. I actually remember back in the day when Chaos Rings was big, SQE used to release game updates very often to add content, fix bugs, etc. My brother found an article online complaining about how SQE focuses too much on their f2p games and neglecting the premium ones.

Anyhow, as a native English speaker who understands some Japanese as well, the English voice acting is so bad. I hope I'm not exaggerating but it's some of the worst I've heard. Especially Angela's. But actually, they all aren't great. Kind of ruins the immersion for me but I'm slowly trying to ignore it.

squarezero likes this.
  17. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    I asked Square Enix about the Japanese voice for this game. I received the following response from them. "We can not guarantee implementation, it will be forwarded to the appropriate party." Is this a mechanical reply? Or does it mean that it is reviewed positively? I want to believe that it is close to the latter. But.. Actually, it might be closer to the former...Right..? Alas...

18. johnlee00w0

johnlee00w0 New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Can anyone explain the function of each IAP?

19. cmmc38

cmmc38 Member

Jun 22, 2012

Two points: firstly this game is very much a product of its time. As far as PS1 RPGs go the VA is basically par for the course. This was very much the era of game voice acting being done purely by whoever was around the office for the localization team that day. This include delivery people, the mailman, the copy machine repair man, plus any friends or spouses that happened to swing by.

We take it for granted now, but the voice acting is part of what made Metal Gear Solid so revolutionary. It’s cheesy as hell by today’s standards (you can actually hear trains going by the apartment “studio” during some lines) but for the time it was earth shattering.

Secondly, I think it’s safe to say that Sqeenix only updated FFT and TWEWY out of shame from fan outcry. Some Squeenix PR rep ] said that updating TWEWY for ios9 would require a major app rewrite and that there were no plans to do it. The community went nuts, angry posts flew everywhere, and finally some tweaker noticed that a single file needed to be in a different directory and then the app worked fine. His tweak was literally 2 lines of code and the app was fixed. Almost as soon as the tweet hit the interwebs Squeenix updated the app.

It really reeked of a purposeful attempt to kill off a single player non-freemium app. I can’t help but think that the embarrassment of that situation factored into Squeenix’s updating of FFT (which given its conversion from 32 to 64 bits must indeed have required a major rewrite).