Universal Valiant Hearts: The Great War - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 3, 2014.

1. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Perfect on iPad I don't regret it!

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just completed Valiant Hearts after about 8 hours of an emotional ride.

A masterpiece that everyone should play.
    They should play it in school too, you can learn so much about war while having a ton of fun.

One of the rare games where each chapter is order of magnitudes better than the previous one; and the first chapter is already great.

I still can't decide if it's an adventure game with action parts or vice versa (probably the latter, as IMHO the action parts are more difficult than the puzzles).
    Some parts are incredibly epic but every 5 minutes you will 'feel' the game (sadness, epicness, rage....so many feelings).

I hope they'll do a sequel as hinted by the cutscene after the ending titles.

3. CosmosMan

CosmosMan Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Researcher/Teacher/Scientist
    Canada
    So how much does this cost for the full game just like on consoles?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Says in quite a few pages earlier. Around 8 dollars

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I believe 10 is closer. Sorry about nitpicking

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    15 $ the complete game

7. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    #147 volcanopele, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Valiant Hearts works great with controllers, or at least with the Steelseries Stratus.

8. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Really? I paid 10,48 €

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If you buy the game during the promo hour (it pops up after a while you are playing the first chapter, towards the end) it will costs 10,48 euros in total.

After completing it, to me it felt like a steal....it's packed with content and info.
    Lasted me about 8 (awesome) hours...couldn't put the game down.
    If you want to see every object, probably a bit more (I still miss some historical objects).

10. CosmosMan

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada
    The store in the app says $8.99 to unlock all remaining chapters (2-4). So with the initial $5 purchase it is $14.

I just bought the initial purchase for now. However my main issue is how awful and low res this looks on an iPad 3. Geez. The text is a low res blurry mess and the art is not very good as well. I should have just gotten this on consoles. ####.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    After a bit you will be given a 1 hour limited offer for all the remaining chapters at -45% discount.

Weird about the res thing....on iPad Air the graphic is GLORIOUS and ultra sharp.

12. CosmosMan

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada
    Not on iPad 3. Take a look. The image looks like it has Vaseline on it and the text is awful and pixelated. Really surprising given its a 2D game and that it uses the UbiArt Framework that the Rayman games use and are much more detailed than what we see here and does not run in such a low resolution.

[​IMG]

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    One of the main reasons I haven't bought this yet is due to the lack of clarity in the description as to the Iap price. Like others on the forum I would much rather pay a premium price for the full game but I do understand why devs don't do it. In this case tho I'm confused over which price offers what, which is sale/temporary and what I get for my cash?

For example I do buy this now then do I have to finish the first chapter before I get the option to buy the rest at sale price or can I just buy it now and lock in for later?

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The IAP is cheap, when you get the app then it seems to be a discounted price to unlock the rest of the game. You dont have to complete the first chapter yet.

I bought the game, ran it, then unlocked the other episodes at a discounted price, then went back to episode 1 and carried on.

You get a quality game, a lot of content. I dont think theres too much to sit on the fence about.

Some people may want to simply try it out first and then perhaps buy the rest of the episodes later. I would advise you to get it asap before the discounted price might end at some point. All the glowing reports/praise in this thread should say it all

16. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I'm playing on iPad 3 too and resulution sometimes is really terribly low. I though it was a choice do make the game smaller to people who have the device already full, but I read resolution is fine on iPad Air. Owning and iPad 3 is becoming an annoying and frustrating thing nowadays... I don't regret paying for this game and the full unlock, but I think I'm going to stop playing it and waiting until this low resolution problem is solved.

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Cracked and bought it.... It's a lot clearer once you've actually got it, the descriptions in the store for the Iap is a bit confusing.
    Just got to finish DQ now before cracking on with this one!

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It's a great game isn't it. I'm still on episode 1 but just talking my time. So impressed with this one

19. thedemographic

thedemographic Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I'm having the same issues on iPad 3. Some of the graphics are beautiful, but text and some image, when zoomed in, are horribly pixelated. The game itself is intriguing, but I hope they fix the iPad 3 resolution issues because it becomes distracting in a game that is meant to immerse you in the story.