Universal Valiant Hearts: The Great War - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 3, 2014.

1. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Actually, it's more like I expected it to be $10... I'll still get it, but I'm thinking I may get it on PC. I wish it would come to vita though <.<

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    If you are trying to buy the ending pack IAP for valiant hearts it will not work. Play the first episode and there will be a pop up for a special sale price. That's the only way to buy it. Same thing happened to me. It will give you an hour time. And you will get all the episodes for 6.99$. In case after aging for half hour check the store or pause the game.

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Confusing choice Ubisoft made.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    So normal price is 15$ though? I checked and it's 6 hours of gameplay for everything. That's mm pricey. Though i bought it and the app icon name is valiant hea... Ugh i hate the dots

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hmmmm at first it feels more like an interactive story than a game, but later on it's certainly a game.
    The closest thing I'll compare it would be a point and click adventure with more 'action' parts.
    The puzzles are pretty straightforward and consist generally in touching/interacting with spots in a certain order, rotating wheels or hitting objects Angry Birds style...plus there are some sections that require you to move accordingly to what happens to the screen (like under bombing....move from where the bombs will hit).
    I'm starting to find (end of chapter one) more elaborated puzzles.

But to be honest I think the game parts are a nice diversions for this great story that unfolds under your eyes....and imho it's really really great.
    Pacing is fantastic.

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I am.
    Well...actually the game is flawless with speaker or corded headphones BUT if I use BT headphones I get repeated constant statics.
    It's the only game that does so...seems to me like it's a deliberate thing...like some sort of anti piracy thing (that was left porting the title, it has no reason to exists on iOS).
    This happens both on iPad and iPhone (BTW great iCloud support).
    It's a bit annoying because I love my BT headphones and the game sounds/music are fundamental to the experience (not to mention they are really top notch).
    I hope they will patch it soon...till then I'll play with corded headphones.

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The game is beautiful, but I am finding the game play itself to be uninteresting. As Pitta decribed it: an interactive story. I am less then an hour into it. Unless it gets better, I will skip the additional episodes.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Still worth it though, i mean $15 for 6 hours of gameplay. And thats probably 6 hours as quick as you can gameplay, not gameplay where you take your time and enjoy the game/explore where you can etc.

Again i think the problem with iOS gaming is everyone expects everything to be 99c. If we want more premier priced games and not another Flappy clone then i hope these quality premier priced games do well. iOS is a much better richer market if quality AAA titles come out

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Actually I was about to come here and post that later on (still chapter 1 after more than 2 hours...it's packed with content) things gets much more 'gamey'.
    Multi screen puzzles and a lot of 'action' sequences that set the right pace to certain moments.
    Nothing earthshacking about the puzzles, but I was even stuck for 5 minutes on one.

Personally I'm LOVING the game, time flies when I'm playing it.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Interesting side note, I find myself more interested in the expensive games lately than I do the 99 cent ones. My life is so busy lately that as I have less and less time, I want to choose more carefully ONE premium game to enjoy, where previously I used a 'buy 10 cheap games and one will turn out good' approach.

I really hope we continue to see games like this coming to IOS, whatever the price.

12. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    This game is a piece of art, everyone should support and buy, and only this way pc and consoles games will be on an ipad where you can play them everywhere, totally worth the 15$

13. dmn001

dmn001 Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    There are 4 IAPS:

1. The ending pack $8.99
    2. The ending pack $6.99
    3. Episode 2 : Broken Earth $3.99
    4. The conclusion pack $6.99

Does anyone know the difference between the ending and conclusion pack? Or the difference between the 2 ending packs? I think they should have to explain the IAPs in the description, instead of confusing everyone.

Are any of the IAPs necessary? One of the first reviews (title is "I cried as if a real person died") says they have completed the game and "the five dollars was worth it", so I'd assume not.

14. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    #134 Infinity89, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    It's an episodic game if you want to finish the game you'll have to buy the IAP.
    As for the pricing I explained it earlier. Here:
    If you are trying to buy the ending pack IAP for valiant hearts it will not work. Play the first episode and there will be a pop up for a special sale price. That's the only way to buy it. Same thing happened to me. It will give you an hour time. And you will get all the episodes for 6.99$. In case after playing for half hour check the store or pause the game.
    The Ending pack with 8.99$ price never worked for me. I tried to buy it but it showed some error pop up. As for the conclusion pack I really don't know. And it never appeared for me.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Your explanation barely explains anything.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm at 60 percent of the game after about 5 hours.

It's freaking FANTASTIC And keeps getting better and better.

Highly recommended.

17. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Brilliant game. I didn't know whether I'd like this or not but ended up buying the complete set. I'm really enjoying the puzzles and I'm not a puzzles person. The only thing I'd like to see unless I've missed it us an option to manually save if I want to take a break.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loving it. There's a lot of content

It's interesting reading some of the shocking facts about the war which is a nice addition. Plenty of content here. A brilliant game The puzzled are great a are the hints. A stunning ios game

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks psj, I think youve almost sold this to me :)

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Give it a go. The puzzles are great and fit in well with the story. I'm still in the first episode. Just really enjoying it