Universal Valiant Hearts: The Great War - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 3, 2014.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #61 redribbon, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    special offer is now live guys, the whole episodes 2-4 for only NZ$8.99(from NZ$10.99) should be translated into 6.99usd.

ps. glad I'm waiting before smashing the buy button :D

for those who still wondering about wether the whole episodes are available to download or not:

[​IMG]

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    You mean for 11.99$ the wole game. Seriously? Or I'm missing something?

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn I am so sad I don't have iOS7...

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Thank you

Thank you redribbon for the gameplay video! I think that pushed me over the edge to buying this one.

Does it require constant internet? I play on my iPad in my cube at work most of the time because I have 2 small children at home and not much time there heehee

5. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    This month.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looking at that screen above I reckon you get all of that included at that price. Then you just download the part you want ?

7. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    so is it constant internet or offline too? I didn't see it in the description on page one.

Thanks

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    constant internet connection does not required, you can play this game offline. only if you want to access the store and purchase the rest episodes.
    @psj, yes, one price to unlock the whole episodes, i dunno if the special offer appeared randomly or anyone can get the discount too.

9. Dahaka

Dahaka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Anyone care to elaborate about the controles? How playable is it on iOS?

10. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    http://youtu.be/I1F_2WRuPJk

11. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #71 Saucepolicy, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    The data CLEARLY shows that you are in the minority, there are not "lots" of you. You just hang out in the walled garden of TouchArcade and think that's how most mobile gamers feel. I was a game developer for 22 years before I finally got fed up with the industry this year, and they would shoot themselves in the foot to pursue a higher price point on mobile.

This article pretty much sums up the situation, and I encourage you to read it:
    BECAUSE YOU’RE WORTHLESS: THE DARK SIDE OF INDIE PR

Here's the reality: the number of AppStore installs is inversely proportional to the price. Because it's more of a core game-- point and click adventure-- is likely the only reason they think they can release episode 1 at 5 bucks.

However, this isn't a freemium game and the console game had clear stopping points where it can be easily divided into episodes. Like Telltale games you'll get a complete experience but you do have to buy it in chunks.

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Except there's no waiting here, it's all available at once.

They do this because, as sauce pointed out, they would probably get far, far, far fewer installs if they priced it at $15. This way, people can get a taste of the game for a low price and choose to just buy the episodes one after another, or buy them all at once.

13. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    So is the Special offer live in US as well?

14. andsoitgoes

Yes. $9 to unlock all remaining chapters.

15. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Is there some time limit mentioned as I can't download at the moment?

16. andsoitgoes

Not that I can see, there's no timer. All the episodes are listed at $3.99 each, $8.99 for the full unlock.

17. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I think it's the normal price, just as TWAU. I was thinking of something special like a little discount.

18. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Just to be clear... I just bought it at 4.99 and the full unlock was an additional 8.99 ($13.98 total US). You get $1.01 off the $14.99 steam price :)
    As was already stated, the 4.99 is for the first episode (out of 4) - you can buy the 3 remaining episodes for 3.99 each ($16.96 total if you go a la carte). All episodes are available now - no waiting.

19. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Great article by the way. Proper good read. It constantly breaks my heart that I've bought all Jeff Minter's games on iOS for less than a tenner. Just picked this up too and will full unlock in a minute, but as you say, I'm in the minority.