Universal Valiant Hearts: The Great War - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 3, 2014.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    ^^
    sorry :)

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Dang i just hope child of light comes soon after this game.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Point and click?

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Gameplay

So I've read most of the thread and haven't seen much on the gameplay. Is it a great game? How does it play? Does it blow you away?

Pro's:

Con's:

While I don't mind paying for a premium game, Since there are people who have already bought this can you fill me in pretty please :D

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Despite numerous people now doing videos for games its always frustrating when the one you want to see (eg this one) seems to be last !! On some threads theres two videos from two different people. None for this one ! (just the standard trailer)

6. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Episodes ... hmm, seems to be the new way to milk money out of players. I'd rather see it full version for €10 or whatever.

I gave up on TWD after the first because I wasn't willing to dedicate myself to buying 'chapters' whenever they decided to release them. It ruins a game IMO.

Think i'll wait for a price cut on steam, it'll happen eventually, as is it's €14.99 for the whole game there.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    We moan when its freemium, we moan when its episodes !

Again surely on some of these games theyre working on the different chapters/episodes. They need to get money so they release the game with one episode and then get revenue from that so they can carry on working on the rest.

One reason they do this is because people 'wait for price cuts on steam' for example. These devs need to make money to survive.

8. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I had great expectations like you when it got released and I bought it for Wii U. In the beginning it was very nice but after a while it's getting very repetitive and very very boring. It has also some good music tracks but some music are waaay too pessimistic and melancholic and the gameplay is kinda slow -even the fights are slow. It's turned based and real time but I didn't like that it was slow. There is a setting for getting faster but you couldn't control it like that and you don't enjoy the game. I stopped playing it in the middle of the game if I am not mistaken and then I watched the ending in youtube. I don't know for you but it's one of the games that I regret buying it... :(

9. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014

Who's "we"?

That's my opinion, I speak for myself only ... I don't ever complain about freemium btw, if I don't like the look of a game, free or not, I won't try it. I have played some 'freemium' titles, and payed for IAP here and there, if I like a game, I'll decide whether or not I want to invest.

Either way, I dislike the new episode approach. You'll end up spending more than the game is worth this way. It's cheaper on steam for the whole game, did you miss that part?

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #50 psj3809, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    I didnt miss it but i've no interest about games on Steam. They might have to spend a lot of time getting this game working on iOS so couldnt drop prices to a silly level.

Yes its your view but again it just be a case of them transferring/porting/working on the other episodes while they get some money from the first part. Its worked successfully on Walking Dead and other apps

Anyway lets wait till the apps out so we can see how good/bad the episodes are. The game to me looks great, havent played it before on Steam, looking forward to this

11. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    It's $15.99 here and $14.99 on Steam so no real difference in price and all episodes are available at launch. So the episodic nature is a total non-issue really.

12. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    Well, see, that's what I mean about personal opinion. I gave up on the walking dead because it felt like an obligation to follow the episodes. I wasn't bothered enough to do so.

I fear I might be the same with this is I buy it in sections, could end up buying the first 2, then just giving up. If I buy it as a whole, I'll make sure to get my money's worth and stick with it.

It's just a preference. I'll see how much the bundle is, if and when they release it that way. Otherwise, if steam drop the price anytime soon, I'll go that way.

Once you enjoy the game in the end, whatever platform, that's the main thing anyhow ;)

13. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    It has been mentioned a few times in this thread that all episodes are available now and can be bought as one package.

14. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    Oh right, you slipped that in as I was posting :D

I might consider it if all episodes are available from the off. Prices in Ireland are ALWAYS higher though.

"It has been mentioned a few times in this thread that all episodes are available now and can be bought as one package."

Nobody seemed very sure actually.

Either way, I buy it or I don't ... you just worry about whether you do or not ;)

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Forgive me if I'm asking noob questions, I've not had any episodic games before, but..

1: I presume the game is one icon and not like each episode is a separate app?

2: I hope I can download the entire thing and keep it and not have to delete episodes to get others? (Space isn't an issue, I have 14-15gb free)

Thanks

16. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    The Answer to both of your question is a YES.

17. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Is banner saga releasing tonight?

18. appgefahren.de freddy

Jan 7, 2013
    Gameplay-Video with German Audio

19. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks.

20. redribbon