Universal Vainglory - (by Super Evil Megacorp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 2, 2014.

1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I just started playing the other day, and I have to say that after battle royaling my way through every champ and spamming standard queue with the free to play rotation, both Samuel and Kestrel seemed utterly broken in my hands. I'm surprised as to how either are allowed to exist the way they do in relation to the other champions. Fun game, though. Love the shit out of Lance, Blackfeather, and Alpha.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Kestrel is indeed OP. She's way too valuable. Keeps distance well, one of the best pokes in the game, and burst AND sustain DPS is incredible. One of my favs indeed.

Lance though... I love the crap out of him too. I just love playing Tanks in BR in general. Constant action.

3. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Everything you said about Kestrel is true. And while my opinion might not mean much being new to Vainglory, I've touched virtually every pc moba under the sun for a regretfully steep amount of time. Lance is something else, because tanks are always my least played class and far from my style. However, he's not exactly like any other moba character I've played, and the way his kit combos might be my favorite in the game. Baron's mortar spam was also completely out of control from my perspective. The amount of damage for how little they cost and how spammable they are...crazy. I'm curious about how balanced the top competitive matches really are. I'll have to check some out later.

I would also like to get my hands on Ozo again since I've only gotten to play him once when I just downloaded the game. He seems incredibly fun.

4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah same here. Especially HotS and SMITE, but even some LoL. I love MOBAs and this one is no exception. The scaled down size is enjoyable when you're used to 5-man coordination.

I agree on the subject of Baron. And the fact that his mortar shit has 2 charges baffles me, as it's an incredibly easy to lane with him. And, with preparation, can easily be slippery despite his slow-hulking movement. On the facing-him side of things though, and like many other chars, just knowing how people generally play him makes him extremely ineffective so long as you have a bully-heavy laner.

I'm garbage with Ozo. There are some heroes in this game I just simply can't get on board with and enjoy. Catherine, Ozo and SAW being among my least favourite heroes. It's not that I don't understand them, I just feel others in their role-ranks out-perform them by a long shot. When I roll them in BR I just cry for my team. Hahahahaaha

Watch some videos on Twitch. To be entirely honest, many of the top folks I've watched play vary their compositions greatly. You see them excel with damn near everyone, but you do see some absolute BS combos.

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I want to get into some guild Ranked matches here soon. I know everyone has schedules and I'm no exception but I've been playing a ton more lately and have literally poured over dozens of threads, articles and posts regarding my biggest weakness (item countering and when to buy what and when in the phase of the game to do so) and applying said tactics to casual way and it makes a massive difference (obviously) and I kind of wanna take it more a step further and would rather do so with guildies. If you guys wanna set something up or have any alternative means of communication (like KIK or something) I wouldn't mind in on that ^__^

6. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #1046 slighmd, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Is there an "Add Me thread"? I can't seem to find one (SEA). Just starting out, level 4 iirc casual player, need friends lol

7. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game support Game Center?

8. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Opinions on Flicker? I've only tried him in BR, not as a "real" support, but my finger is on the Buy button!

No harm in posting that here. And the official Vainglory site also has a place for that in their forums.

It uses its own cross-platform account system. You start as a "guest," and create a real username whenever you like.

9. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    #1049 Adams Immersive, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    FYI, Honored Founder of the TouchArcade guild (and TA Vainglory article writer) MREford stepped down, leaving me to manage the guild. I have pruned the roster of people who only played a few games (or none) and then haven't played at all in many months. (Members who played a lot and then haven't played recently were NOT removed. I figure they earned a break, and we hope they'll be back!)

So: there are plenty of slots for new people to join the TA guild! (North America.) It's an informal guild, with no skill requirement. (Just be a good sport!) We have noobs and veterans alike. The main benefits I see: firstly, random strangers can be toxic sometimes; avoid them and have more fun! And second, when you can gather a full party of 3, it lets everyone agree on roles and tactics ahead of time.

And play just 10 guild games (meaning: at least one guild teammate) before season end to earn permanent full member status and reap season-end Glory rewards! (Next year, in VG version 2, rewards will happen throughout the season.)

The guild is Open—no approval needed to join. Here's how to join:

1. Hit "Add Friend" and search for a current guild member's exact playername. Such as me: I'm Adams_Immersive.

2. Post your exact case-sensitive playername here (optional*). Then when I next log in, I'll accept the request and I'll know I should add you to the guild at the same time.

* Alternatively, you can simply add yourself once any guild member accepts a friend request. Just check for them in your friend list and tap their name (even if offline). Then hit the first icon—which looks like a banner—to join their guild.​

Then, here's how to find guild teammates when you play:

1. Each time you launch Vainglory, if you wait just a minute or two before you start playing, that's often time for someone else from the guild to show up. Often I see multiple guild members playing solo, and they've all been playing for about the same number of minutes. If they'd only waited a minute or two and checked their friend list, they could have been teaming up and earning guild rewards!

2. Message them or post to the guild chat, and see if they're up for a game.

You can also post days/times here that are good for you. Some times of day have more guild activity than others.​

P.S. If anyone wants to start a non-NA region TA guild, that would be cool!

10. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Adams_Immersive add me @ Gunther4C

It's unplayable, I can't keep a connection. I have 150mb/s internet that worked amazing last update and now can't hold a connection for longer than 2min. I've tested 3 different wi-fi's and 5 bars of LTE and can't hold a connection. Something's wrong and it's on their end.

11. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    The servers are still down for the transition. It's always non-functional for several hours each update, it seems. (In my case, the game won't even connect at all right now—but it's a known issue and should get better later.)

You can always check official server status here:
    https://twitter.com/vainglorystatus

I will add you tonight when the game comes back :) But I can't add you to the guild (I don't think) until you then accept my friend request—so, when you do, just find me on your friend list and hit that first icon and you're in!

12. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    I'll be jumping back in to give it a solid shot again. I'm hoping I do better sticking around this time :)

13. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    #1053 Killerluffy246, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    To vainglory developers,

I just purchased a one time offer of 1200 ice for $4.99. My balance in my accound has subtracted by $4.99 but I did not receive the 1200 ice. Please reply to me asap
    Region: SEA
    Email: [email protected]

14. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Feel free to join the TA guild again!

You can't reach the developers here—this is just a review site. Go to vainglorygame.com to contact the devs.

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Started playing again a couple weeks ago while on vacation. I feel like they really need to increase the maximum level you can achieve. I know they increased it from 20 to 30 but I feel it's something that should be done with every patch. Gives you something else to come back and work towards.

16. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    That would be nice. They could just make each level increasingly really hard to get, so it wouldn't affect the game economy that much.

But there's still the seasonal levels to keep working toward. And new skins/heroes to collect.

What do you think of the jungle changes? I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I don't find them enjoyable so far. I bet they back off a bit next patch. Maybe have the jungle shop appear at 2 minutes, and make the minion miners work as they used to AND still be aggressive like the new ones. Something.

17. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I don't mind the jungle shop how it is but I do see something happening with the miners. I think it makes sense to have them control the effectiveness of the lane minions. They could just lower the amount of gold the miner is worth since they said they were not liking people farming it. Most matches I've been in after the patch have been lasting 5-10 minutes longer than they did before the patch. That's not good for the community as a whole.

18. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just spent $5 on ice to open seasonal boxes just to see what I'd get. Got 2 duplicate heroes so you get opals for those instead. Also got a few duplicate skins and you get bonus opals for those as well. Got Vox's R skin, Taka's L skin, and enough opals to unlock Fortress' holiday skin (my main hero). All in all I'd say it was a decent payout for $5

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Dat Idris. Whatta guy.

Here I thought nothing could challenge Alpha for fun dominance. But I'd be hard-pressed if I could only choose one. Good thing I don't, because MOBA.

20. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Don't forget to log in each day for the next 8 days: Lunar New Year 'red envelope' rewards, increasing each day.

Apparently there's a bug right now where no visual red envelope effect is shown, but if you just open the game and connect, the glory should be credited. And if you never miss a day, free ICE!

PS I'm enjoying 5-minute Blitz mode.