Universal Vainglory - (by Super Evil Megacorp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 2, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Found it!

There's a REALLY tiny bar under your health bar.

If anyone knows any good builds on Catherine, that'd be helpful. I looked at one build on that other site but it didn't work out so well since it doesn't show weapon upgrades amd most of the other upgrades are for the final attack which doesn't come till late game.

I may have to swap favs even though i don't want to. The other characters don't appeal to me at least aesthetically. I'd be down for an archer. I actually find ranged characters easier since you can hide behide your teammates.

I keep taking damage to protect my allies from dying as Catherine. And from all my games with her despite win or loss I have highest assists out of both teams and the worst K/D ratio. Makes me upset because that means people are taking coins from me and I look like a terrible player.

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I don't think it makes you look terrible. I think that is Catherine's role, stated in more than one guide and even in the game itself: you are the main stun/silence/ tank. Your job is to walk around leading and assisting, while fast pouncers like Koshka or ranged damage like Ringo will kill the enemy fast. If you like kills, get these characters.

In my games with Catherine, i have similar stats : 1-5 kills max, and 9+ assists, steadily. The stormguard banner makes it so i keep getting gold from my team's kills, so that's more than fine.

This game is frustratingly, and blessedly, about team effort. A bad team will ruin the game, and a good one will make an epic heart pounding match.

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah thanks for that clarification. I'm not familiar with all the play styles yet so I'm still pretty new... I just felt a bit burdened since I've never seen anyone online use Catherine. So i was thinking I chose the wrong favorite.

I agree about team effort. I often call when we need to take resources but half the time people just ignore it.

Ironbanner is a great item. Do you have recommendations for weapons? I used to pick faster attack weapons but since I haven't been able to kill people I went for raw power.. Same result. Lol.

4. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    no weapons for Catherine.. i use aftershock and eve of harvest, powerful ability spam + health leech, and by that time someone can get the pounce on my target, or if i have higher health, they run, i stun, and bam, kill score :)

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah no wonder the builds I looked at showed no weapons! Clever! Though that means generally you can kill anyone at all without help? Since you're at base damage the entire time? I get gang banged so often using Catherine since I can't kill easily. Okay that sounded dirty... Lol

6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I really hope they fix Catherine's stun bug... unfortunately i didn't notice it before i purchased her. There is also a bug report on her back from september, and apparently is still not fixed. Here's to hoping...

7. appusan

appusan Active Member

Jul 19, 2014
  8. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Yay! Does anyone from TA know,
    1) when it launches on EU, will my NZ account use the EU servers for less latency? or will i need to create a new EU account to join the EU server for less lag? And
    2) if they plan to fix catherine's stun ability bug?

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Does data save on the servers so when its out in UK, I can download that and it will load my game data?
    Or will I have to start again?

10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Also is latest version 1.1.2?

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey Ramza you should add me on VainGlory! My ID is GodKing.

@Bloodangel: I think your progress is stored on their servers.

12. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Anybody from TA playing this feel free to add me! IGN: Lucidra

Overall I feel that this game is very well polished, there are little to no stutters during the game and I feel that online is a really smooth experience if you're on a moderately decent net (I get bouts of bad ping at around 200+ on 3G though but nothing game breaking, 4G works like a charm). It's a great game that resembles a mix of DotA and LoL, have fun guys!

13. Lucidra

Apr 11, 2014
    Might be a different play style but I play Catherine as a carry /: I get weapons on her and usually have kills of around 7-15. Her 2nd skill is rly useful tho when you're getting bang banged. It reflects damage if you time it properly (eg against Koshka's first skill)

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    You must be quite good then. When I play her she just doesn't ouput enough power to get the final kill. I basically use her to shield all my weaker allies.

I added you on the game. I'm going to swap between Catherine and Koshka as my defense / offense character

15. Lucidra

Apr 11, 2014
    Been playing DotA for 6 years :D her skill set move order is pretty standard though, ulti -> shield -> stun. This gives you an opponent who can't cast spells at you for a couple of seconds. More than enough for you to hit them down. Only used Koshka and Catherine so far, haven't tried the rest yet

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah that's great! No wonder. I'm still new but I thought I'd get into since it's more "simplified" on VainGlory. I enjoy portable gaming so that's partially why.

I try that combo as well but I usually get mobbed by two or more opponents. Most of the time they focus fire on me and even the bubble won't save me.

You have some spare time to play a round or two? :) I'll either use Catherine or Koshka depending on who you want to use.

17. Lucidra

Apr 11, 2014
    Sure give me around 20 mins! I'll invite you.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay gotcha! I'll start the app up in 20 minutes.

19. Lucidra

Apr 11, 2014
    Does the game allow 2 man parties though? Never played with a friend before /:

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    i might have to give this a try :p