Ustream Live Broadcaster now gives iPhone 3G video recording without jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Need, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Need

Need Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    The Ustream Live Broadcaster give you local video recording for iPhone 3G and it is free! Go get it now! :)

You could also stream live video if you are into that. I am just happy that I get to do short clips without jailbreaking.

2. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    #2 SuperSlovak, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    Oh it's just another recorder app

3. Need

Need Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Is there another one that doesn't require jail breaking for the 3G? After playing around with it, this one seems to be very slow frame rate.

4. guggug

guggug Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Just jailbreak. For christ sake, just jailbreak, open Cydia ONCE to download Cycorder or whatever it's called, and don't download anything else. you WON'T slow your phone down by just doing that. Hell, you could even remove Cydia after that if you really want to.

5. Yea just jb so we can hear more people whining about in app purchases not working.....sigh oh sigh epic fail.

6. appfreak

appfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    @guggug nicely off-topic

There's definitely some lag streaming over wifi, so I don't know how this could be usable over 3G. I have used Ustream mainly for watching sports games, but know I see that it can have many other uses as well.
    I tried Ustream last night and it easy to set up on the iPhone. Signing in the website was more cumbersome and had to config all the options...

7. Need

Need Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Tried living streaming last night and works really well. The frame rate looks bad on the iPhone but actually not so bad once uploaded to youtube.