Username

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by klink, Jul 11, 2015.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Is it possible to change your username at TA? I'm trying to unify my usernames from different game related media sites.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

It's been adressed before, no, caused confusion and what not.

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    That's cool. I might just start over with a new account. I'm not sure anyone would really miss old Klink. Sort of sad that 1000+ post and several years time later with almost zero connections. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It's a pain when someone creates a new account when they already have one. Can't you just keep this one youve had for agesssss?

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I would like to create a new ID but I won't if you tell me not too. Assuming the usename is open I would like to use.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Do you mind not using this account? You'll essentially lose your 1000 posts.

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Maybe I should explain myself a bit more. I've been a playing video games for the last 35 years. I've never outgrown them and I'm come to realize it's deep in my blood. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can make a bigger contribution to the industry since it's one of my passions. I don't have the time or programming skills to create own games. So I was thinking I could work on promoting games and game genre that I like. I've created a twitter account where I write short to the point reviews of games that I like and find interesting. I also tweet out information about interesting new releases. Maybe in the future I'll expand into creating a website. So the reason for the username change is to create a consistence branding for myself. I don't think it means much to people if I'm klink here and whatever somewhere else. Maybe this isn't the best idea, but I do know I would like to do something more.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #8 Vovin, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Only the admins can change user names, so you should adress the problem to one of them. I've seen 2-3 name changes in the last 5, 6 or 7 years, but all of these changes were justified exceptions. Maybe your reasons might work as a justification for your nickname change. But I understand the tA policy of not allowing user name changes. First, it would cause confusion. Second: create an exception and you have a lot of people at your door which also demand an exception just because.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #9 psj3809, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Exactly. Everyone will be asking for a username change. Mods cant change this only people with more admin powers and i'm sure they've got enough to do

10. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Yeah, never mind. I'll make do with what I got.

Fun fan, I've been using Klink as on online identity since the days of Usenet newsgroups.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

*comes in, smiling*

Btw., klink, KUDOS for supporting touchArcade so much! Not only on patreon, but also kudos for spreading the word!

[​IMG]

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. I came for the games but I stayed for the community. #

13. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #13 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    What if I was not looking to completely overhaul my user name, but simply alter it. Is there any chance that the 5G could be changed to 6G in my user name?

The reason behind my request is that I picked up the new iPod touch the other day and I no longer have the 5G iPod touch. I look forward to any feedback or replies. Some how I missed this post yesterday, so I did send a PM to Eli.

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Congrats on your new iPod Touch. #

15. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Interesting - I've changed user names per request using vB 3 modcp on another forum, so I'm guessing this is more of a TA policy than a technical limitation.

I actually came to this thread in hope that one's user name could be changed, but fair enough if that can't happen. Man I wish I could have been able to think of cooler user names in 2008...