Use a Touch as an HDD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sambo110, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I want to buy a bigger PS3 hard drive (32 gigs just isn't enough when your a Rock Band addict :p), and basically I need to back up all my PS3 files onto a portable HDD then I can put all the PS3 files from the portable HDD onto the new, internal one. Can i use a hack/mod to allow me to copy the files to my iPod?

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    On iphone's and ipod touchs I;m not sure.
    But with like nanos and the other ipods you can enable disk mode. Thus letting you do what I think you want to do (I;m not sure though)
    But I;m sure you can hack/mod your ipod touch or iphone.
    Google it

3. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Or you can get an app called Air Sharing. It's $3 right now I think and it'll allow you to wirelessly put files onto your iDevice and use it as an external hard drive.

4. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    thats not what t does i have it, it does allow you to do that but you have to have the files in a folder for the app on your computer, so its just a matter of getting the files on your computer...oh and the app has a 1 gig capacity limit so it wont work for 32 gigs worth of stuff

5. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    I've jailbroken my iPod Touch, so if I want, I can just use iPhoneBrowser, make a new temporary folder, add the files, and when I'm done, delete it.

6. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I have around 22 gigs of stuff, bought games, DLC, save files etc, and I need a way to copy it to an external HDD so I can put it on the new internal one when I get one.