iPad Urban Kick Academy ($.0.99) - 1.2 is Live!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 1bigapp, Jun 4, 2009.

1. 1bigapp

1bigapp Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    #1 1bigapp, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Hi, ppl
    UPDATE IS LIVE!
    OS 3.0 100% TESTED!
    PM for CODES. I have 10 to give!

Join us here Urban Kick Academy Facebook app

[​IMG]

iTunes Link

Urban Kick Academy aka U.K.A.

FEATURES

- Pure fun :)
    - Amazing graphics and animation (60FPS)
    - RagDoll
    - Realistic physics
    - Realistic in-game sound effects
    - Play to improve your high score and ranking
    - Highly addictive 'some more' gameplay

COMING SOON in 1.1

- Online Leader Board
    - Improved performance
    - some other new surprising features ;)

[​IMG]

2. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    #2 21duc29, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
    Looks good... might pick this up.

Codes all gone. Ok, just bought it.

3. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Lol that picture made me giggle silently. That kid is crazy lmao electric post hooked up to a car through a jumper cable, looks like a death wish to me.

This game has a flash game feel to it I'll try and get a code.
    Edit:Guess not lol.

4. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    Ha, I like the fart feature. I don't see a help menu.. should add that in the next update. So far its pretty fun. Simple but fun.

5. 1bigapp

Mar 22, 2009
    Sure, help menu.
    Let's us know all you need! Everybody!
    It's our first try :)

6. Ipodfan15

Ipodfan15 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    All gone, no one posted.

7. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Any videos?

8. 1bigapp

Mar 22, 2009
    #8 1bigapp, Jun 4, 2009
    Here we go

9. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    all gone :(.....

10. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

The clouds give a great sense of depth. Way to go on the design of this. I'll be looking into getting this.

11. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I got one of the free codes, and when I first saw the pictures, I was sorry I had bothered.

Having played it for a few minutes, I have to say its more fun then I expected. It does have that "just one more try" aspect to it.

What it doesn't have is any kind of instructions at all. I am not sure what the battery is for in the beginning, I don't know what the impact of the various different items are, and worst of all, while there seems to be a way to recharge your "fart'n'fly", I have no idea how to do it.

This game would definitely benefit from a page of text.

Michael

12. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #12 VoodooVyper, Jun 4, 2009
    How do you justify realistic physics when you have mines floating in mid air, kites makeingyou bounce, and farts accelerating the player?
    And why is it named Urban Kick Academy? I see no instances of kicking.

13. Chumbake

I have to say that after watching the youtube video once, I know the answers to all your questions. Are you just complaining or can you really not figure out what each thing does?

14. 1bigapp

Mar 22, 2009
    You need to catch a "fart chickens" to recharge Fart'n'Fly Tech =)
    We submitted an update with HELP.
    Sorry, guys, as I said, it's our first game at all. And we have 2 in a pipe.
    Stay tune!=)

15. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Well, I would say two things:

1) I really don't know the things I said I don't know. I didn't watch the video, I went a played the game. I suppose I could figure them out eventually, but I would much rather have them explained to me. Thanks for the info about the video, I will go watch it now.

2) The argument "they don't need to include instructions in the game because there is a You-tube video online" doesn't fly with me. The instructions should be included with the game. How is someone who buys the game even supposed to know that there is a video somewhere that explains how to play it?

Michael

16. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    :confused:
    It's like asking for an instruction manual to a bicycle. The components are self explanatory. I think it's pretty obvious that the batter meter is the power of the jolt. As for what each item does, I think that can be deduced after a few times of playing it. Half the fun in any game is figuring out it's components.

17. Chumbake

#17 Chumbake, Jun 4, 2009
    If you read the description of the game is says
    So I don't think their going for realism as far as the kite, floating mines and other things...I think I even saw a penguin with an astronaut helmet.

I think the game is actually pretty fun. If you like kitten canon or flight of the hamsters, this is very similar. I'd have to say it's right in between those two as far as how much you can control what happens. the farting is nice to add strategy, but you don't have as much control over what you're going to hit as well as in Flight of the Hamsters.

And as others said, you're going to want to "just try one more time."

And to respond about the video, I wasn't saying that everyone needed to watch the video instead of read instructions (which I do agree would help). I'm just saying that the game is self explanatory because all I had to do was just watch the video. I guess if you've never played this type of game it wouldn't make sense so it's not as self explanatory as I thought.

18. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Thanks for the info. Two suggestions to make the game play more interesting:

1) After you use up your last fart, you are essentially a spectator in the game unless you happen to hit a bird. Perhaps add something that keeps the player involved until the end. Farts slowly recharge over time? Some sort of acceleramator support? Tap the guy to get him to jump a little bit? Something like that. Just to keep the second half of the game interesting and skill based.

2) Right now the orientation of the guy has no impact on the fart's effectiveness. How about a hard mode where the fart accelerates him in the direction he is pointing?

One last thing. While the whole farting concept is cute, I think it is sort of a limiter on your sales. How about adding a second skin to the game that converts the graphics to something like a rocket pack so that the game would appeal to a broader audience. I probably never would have tried it if I hadn't gotten one of the free codes, and that would have been too bad because it is fun. Many people are going to read "fart" and just move onto another game.

On the other hand, given the number of farting programs that sell well, maybe I am wrong.

Michael

19. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I would prefer instructions. I guess if they were there, it would make us both happy because you could just ignore them.

Michael

20. 1bigapp

Mar 22, 2009
    #20 1bigapp, Jun 4, 2009
    Guys, you read our thoughts!=)
    We'll add some "involving" features...
    Don't judge us so hard, it's our first move!
    mlkaufman
    Tnx for ideas!=)