Urban crime by gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sodsoulja1222, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Is it just me or is the engine worse than the one in gangstar rio. looks crap graphically.
    Also more freemium gameloft shit so is going to be packed full of IAPs and completely lacking in story, missions and soul.

At least they didnt claim it was a sequel like Dungeon Hunter 3, went for a different name rather than bringing gangstar series down with it

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Ahh... poor graphics... :(

3. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I was going to post the trailer earlier, but it looks so shit I decided it wasn't worth my effort. I was disappointed enough when Gameloft started to make freemium games, but now it seems they can't be bothered to make new games so they're just using old assets to make a "new game" and filling it full of IAPs.

Goodbye Gameloft.

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#44 Der-Kleine, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    I'm surprised you haven't noticed that this is pretty much Gangstar Miami Vindication with Missions that work with the freemium moddle.
    => yes, these are 2010 graphics, nothing special

so please, do anything to make gameloft know that this is not the way we want them to go, dislike the trailer, etc.
    I want great new games, not terrible freemium remakes.

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Lol, looks like the guy crouching at the car looks like he has a really long finger! Bad graphics.

6. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    It's a freemium version of Gangstar MV.. GL is seriously running out of ideas..

7. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    #47 Nicoipad, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    Truthfully I see this as a good thing. While rio had cool features I thought Miami had a better map and style. Take rio features and put them in Miami and you've got something good. Though I would say the inspiration is the gta 4 episodes with reusing maps in the same universe

8. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Completely agree. They have totally lost their touch. Yes some were clones, ports and rip-offs, but many of them were pretty decent. Maybe they should start fixing some of their previous games and update them to reduce bugs and fix the glitches. They should start making sequels that improve on their previous versions to address what the issues were in the first game. I was a huge Gameloft fan, but I tell you they are really making it tough lately.

9. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    This looks laughably bad. Great way to start 2012 for gameloft !!

10. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Seems like the perfect premise for a gangstar mmo. Kind of surprised that's not he route they took

11. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Geez. They could have at least made some effort to differentiate this from gangstar. This is really sad. Why would anyone purchase this when they could just buy gangstar 3 (or better yet, GTA 3) and get the whole game without the need to keep paying?

12. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    This is like vice city stories. New game same graphics differant story..hmm just like vice city stories.

13. mobilegame08

mobilegame08 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  14. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Wonder if there trying to copy crimecraft from steam...

15. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    You're right. Same city and graphics. Inspired by the stories gta games and the gta iv episodes

16. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Looks like it except they failed because there is no multiplayer it looks like.

17. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #57 dumaz1000, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    Looks like a Six-Guns version of Gangstar Miami Vindication. From the trailer, I really didn't see any difference. Gangstar 2 ran terribly, from a technical stand point. That particular engine was a technical tragedy. Worst gaming engine GL has ever developed. I would expect vast improvements in the way in which the game runs. Better draw distance. Less pop-in. Better texturing. Better player models. If the engine isn't vastly improved, I would feel insulted.

Honestly though, if we ever saw another Premium iOS game from either Gameloft or EA, I would stunned. Anything is possibly, but I would be genuinely surprised. Once you open Pandora's Box, it cannot be closed.

I fully expect every Gameloft game from now on to look like this. A sadly inevitable ending.

I would agree that MV was superior to Rio, even though the engine was abysmal. Even for it's time, the MV engine was an embarrassment. But the game did have more style, a map that was more varied, and higher overall fun factor.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Bah, I've lost all respect for GL games since they chose the freemium way. This means content-less games which are just developed to grab your money. Will we have to stop at gas stations and pay for virtual fuel in the next Asphalt game?...

19. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I thought MV was good. The game ran fine on my 2g iPod and even better on my 4g.

20. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    The comments on their Facebook page lately are brutal.