Upgrading phones - question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ttocs, Feb 27, 2016.

1. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey guys - I'm upgrading my phone to get off my god awful Sprint network. I'm going back to Verizon. I made the decision to switch to a Galaxy S6 when I went to Sprint and while it's a good phone, it's no Iphone and I immediately regretted it. Verizon has their buyback program and I'm going to take advantage of it.

My question - iPhone 6s vs. iPhone 6s plus. I'm coming from the Galaxy S6 and I like the size, but the plus is a little bigger. Is it overbearing or do you get comfortable with it? Also - what's better for playing games? While gaming isn't the most important thing about the iphone, it's still up on my list.

Thanks.

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    If you need it right now, I would go with the 6S+ . You'll be used to the size within a week and it's great for gaming, as the screen is amazing and it's quite powerful. However, we are more than half way through the 6S and 6S+'s life cycles, so if having the new thing is important to you, I'd wait.

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Agree with 1.60.4, you adjust to the larger iphones size right quick. And with most phone providers once again offering unlimited data plans to the phone, its a healthy gaming screen size too.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    One more for the plus size. A bit big for a pocket, but manageable. Screen size is great for gaming, surfing, movies.