Upgrading from iOS 7.1.2 to 8.1.1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by TheOutlander, Dec 9, 2014.

1. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    So, as the title says I'm finally thinking of upgrading one last time my good 'ol iPad mini to the newest OS, I had an awful experience while upgrading from iOS 7.04 to 7.1.2 as I was jailbroken and I lost 6 months of saves and photos because I lost my backup so yeah, it was horrible.
    Now I'm thinking about upgrading to iOS 8.1.1 and jailbreak it again but I'm in the fence right now as I'm worried about the RAM usage since I'm currently getting ~200 MB free and losing 100 MB will make pretty much every game run like a snail.
    Now I'm upgrading my iPad soon but I still want to play some games decently, so anyone that has an iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPod 5th or well, an iPad mini can tell me how is the performance?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not jailbroken but have an iPad 3 and also curious as to the experience people are having with the upgrade.

3. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Don't update unless you want 3rd party keyboards, predictive text or new games that only support ios 8. There's no point to update if you are not going to use those. Your device will probably be faster on iOS 7.