Updating to 3.0 Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by davidtouch5, Jun 21, 2009.

1. davidtouch5

davidtouch5 Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Hey, I am considering updating my iPod touch 1g to 3.0...but i heard that theres problems with 3.0 like bad wifi etc....did u guys have any problems while updating????? Also, my biggest concern is the games, I heard that alot of games dont work on 3.0...has this been fixed or its still a problem.......and my final question is when i update do i lose all my games when i update??????? I dont want to lose all my data....

thanks

2. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    If you backed up your iPod, your games and data will all be saved. If the games don't work, then you've got to wait for a 3.0 compatibility update. Sooner or later you're going to have to update because games will be made around 3.0. 3.0 also has copy and paste, search functions and a whole list of improvements. I'd say update now, but don't expect too much from your games.

3. syipisa

syipisa Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    restore is possible (though you get a warning that its irrevocable) i tried it anyway after upgrading to os 3.0 i had no problem at all with any app except one that was pretty old and not ever updated... actually almost every app was running even better than before
    i'd really like to see some stats about how many people do upgrade

4. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    All I can say is that thankfully I haven't had a single problem with the update on my Touch 2g.

5. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    My videos absolutely kill my battery life now; before it was fine. But other than that it all works.

6. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Well, one problem I had was that 3.0 erased all of my games data. :( I even backed it up before but it still erased all of my data in Zenonia (Lvl 42), iBomber, CJS, Quantum Collapse, Defender Chronicles, Wolf 3D, and many more.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( But oh well, no biggie, I can restart and have more things to do so I can look at it optimistically. ;) That's my only problem so far.